Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 12 Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Next 4 games: Richmond (MCG), Essendon (SCG), Melbourne (MCG), Gold Coast (SCG). These games are all winnable and they will show where we are at. Win all four, we would be 8-7 with a good percentage (105.0 is already the 7th best percentage) and in with a chance. Lose two of them, and we're probably done for the year.

We just have to keep winning.
    Great performance tonight - we need to bring that manic pressure and hard work week in week out. Huge game next week - get the Richmond monkey off our back, and there is just an outside hope.

At worst we are going to annoy a lot of teams in and around the 8 - but with some luck, we can sneak in somehow. I don't think we will, but we can do some serious damage if we can replicate what we did tonight consistently. No room for error though.

Lots of excellent performances tonight - Kennedy as always outstanding, Heeney absolutely superb, Lloyd showed just how much we missed him against the Hawks (he is a crucial cog for us now), and the ruck combo worked well - Tippett may not get a run for a bit in the 1sts if they can do that week in week out (though noting the weakness of the Bulldogs in this space).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Naismith V The Nank

Reckon they'll both have a point to prove

It's the dominating result many expected in the Granny .
    Can we keep this form going to have another crack ? You wouldn't know this year .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Great performance tonight - we need to bring that manic pressure and hard work week in week out. Huge game next week - get the Richmond monkey off our back, and there is just an outside hope.

At worst we are going to annoy a lot of teams in and around the 8 - but with some luck, we can sneak in somehow. I don't think we will, but we can do some serious damage if we can replicate what we did tonight consistently. No room for error though.

Lots of excellent performances tonight - Kennedy as always outstanding, Heeney absolutely superb, Lloyd showed just how much we missed him against the Hawks (he is a crucial cog for us now), and the ruck combo worked well - Tippett may not get a run for a bit in the 1sts if they can do that week in week out (though noting the weakness of the Bulldogs in this space).
    Hewett was classy in that defensive forward role. He's a good mark and kick for goal, I think we're better off with him up there every week. Papley is playing really well through the middle - lots of tackles, runs hard, wiick, forward focussed.

Best game of the year from Heeney, just lacked the goal he was busting for. Hanners, Joey, Parker are back on form. Naismith seems more aggressive than last year.

Undecided on Jack. Got a little bit of it. Wasn't clean, seemed a bit grabby. Hopefully just rust and a bit of confidence.

Massive game next week.

Senior Player
    That was great wasn't it. Good to see Naismith make the most of his opportunity. Thought Reid really imposed himself too, wayward kicks aside. Pretty solid win, just need about 8 more.

Senior Player
    Sorry mcs, didn't actually intend to quote you there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

If Lloyd had not been concussed last week we would have won.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If Lloyd had not been concussed last week we would have won.
    I have no doubt about that. It was rotten luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Hewett was classy in that defensive forward role. He's a good mark and kick for goal, I think we're better off with him up there every week. Papley is playing really well through the middle - lots of tackles, runs hard, wiick, forward focussed.

Best game of the year from Heeney, just lacked the goal he was busting for. Hanners, Joey, Parker are back on form. Naismith seems more aggressive than last year.

Undecided on Jack. Got a little bit of it. Wasn't clean, seemed a bit grabby. Hopefully just rust and a bit of confidence.

Massive game next week.
    I really like Hewett in that role also - and I'm impressed by the week in, week out improvement of Papley in the midfield bunch. Doing a good job in there.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    We have pretty much our full team back. Rampe is still building and Heeney said on TV he still isn't quite there. What I would like to see is us win the rest of our games, Joey lets Isaac be best on each week, Isaac wins the Brownlow and 5000 large drops into my account.

Just on footy terminology; I have noticed some RWOers call it "pinned" when a players gets a holding the ball decision against him. The correct term is "pinged" holding the ball. This term has been one of the long standing terms in the history of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    We're winning the free kick count 21-12......how refreshing!
    We got a lot of frees in the last quarter. I wonder what the whingers are saying on Big Footy. I did notice that the Dogs players duck their heads into tackles quite a bit.

Our gun defence is back in town. They were bloody terrific. Solid as rock and backed each other up big time. Marsh survives RWO once again. Thought he was pretty good.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Great win, lovely to see the Fairypuppies (I do like that concoction!) beaten at their own game - high pressure, fast movement and the free kicks we deserved. Made up for the free George should have had in the Q1.

Hard to single out one player, but I think Papley is terrific, partly because of the surrounding players. Hanners had a good game, Josh imposed his mark, the defence was good (and at last had the support they should always have). Naismith made his presence felt, Sinkers threw himself into it, Towers continued his rise - I could go on and on but these are the ones I was especially happy for.

Now let's bring the same pressure to bear on Richmond.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree. He looks a lot better than before and I believe he actually will improve with a game under his belt.

If we can bring that next week against Richmond then ...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast