Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 12 Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Match Day Thread Rnd 12 Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Hard to believe we are even shorter priced favorites than earlier this week. Maybe the punters know something we don't. Doggies by 36pts. Go Swannies!
    Anyone else hate Thursday night games,especially after a bye. Two weekends in a row without a Swans game sucks!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Dogs to lead all night in a rubbish game.

Only silver lining is that the four goals Cloke kicked from frees in the earlier game this year has them seduced to think he can be a valuable player in this one.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Not sure if I'm alone on this either- I don't normally pay much attention to pre match commentary - but I don't like the narrative that the swans aren't interested in revenge from the GF.

Like the cats did to the Hawks I'd much prefer them saying that it burns, they took it from us and we're going to bury them.

I think that we can win it this one. But it will take strong games from our inside mids: Kennedy, Parker, Hewett, Heeney and the few others that will be rotating through. Also in the wet conditions, with forward marking being difficult, we'll probably need a bag from Papley and/or Hayward.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    ... Hard to believe we are even shorter priced favorites than earlier this week. Maybe the punters know something we don't. ...
    I just saw a poll on the AFL site with around 65% voting that the Dogs will win. Seems more realistic to me
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Anyone else hate Thursday night games,especially after a bye. Two weekends in a row without a Swans game sucks!
    I'm not a fan, generally need to take the next day off work
    But I really dislike the fact that we have Friday-Thursday-Friday home games in a row
    Guess the silver lining of this season is we may get fewer Friday games, there's 8 this season
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I'm not a fan, generally need to take the next day off work
    But I really dislike the fact that we have Friday-Thursday-Friday home games in a row
    Guess the silver lining of this season is we may get fewer Friday games, there's 8 this season
    Yeh have to agree with this, but on the basis of it means there is several home gams this year i just cant get to.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a bad first quarter but didnt put much on the scoreboard. Good intensity so far which is promising.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Agree, I don't like going to Thursday night games, as it results in me getting home around midnight. But I seem to be in the minority as the Swans have had big attendances in past years for Thursday nights.

Would love a Swans win, however the Doggies are very quick, very smart , have the umps on their side..... Swans not accountable .
    I would bet on the Dogs if someone gave me a free hit.

Senior Player
    Good to see some acknowledgement from the media re the free kick discrepancies between the Swans and Dogs in recent times.

Western Bulldogs not afraid of AFL umpiring square-up against Sydney Swans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Good to see some acknowledgement from the media re the free kick discrepancies between the Swans and Dogs in recent times.

Western Bulldogs not afraid of AFL umpiring square-up against Sydney Swans
    If there's a 'square up', I'm yet to see much evidence......Hewitt's clean grab with front on contact, nothing, Zac Jones held and tackled to ground without the ball, nothing and the ultimate insult, umpire shepherding Haywood from an easy mark and then a turnover......there's no square up.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Agree, I don't like going to Thursday night games, as it results in me getting home around midnight. But I seem to be in the minority as the Swans have had big attendances in past years for Thursday nights.
    I would never consider going to a Thursday nighter. We get home a little later (or earlier) then most. After last Friday night's match, I crawled into bed at 2:30.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast