Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Since when was AFL played on a court?!
    The Australian Federation of Lawyers always play in court.

Would really like to see Dawson or Aliir in the team.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Would really like to see Dawson or Aliir in the team.
    At the expense of who?

I'd like to see those two at senior level too, but it's hard to argue against the team selected to play the Dogs. There wasn't a single passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    At the expense of who?

I'd like to see those two at senior level too, but it's hard to argue against the team selected to play the Dogs. There wasn't a single passenger.
    Yes this is a very good point, hence I didn't name any!

The last few rounds I've been thinking that we should rest Hayward. For someone who had his tank questioned before being drafted, he really has performed consistently all year. He's going to be a gem. I think Dawson is a better player than Towers but it would be very harsh to drop him with him coming along well. Marsh would be an obvious change for Allir, but again, very very stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Yes this is a very good point, hence I didn't name any!

The last few rounds I've been thinking that we should rest Hayward. For someone who had his tank questioned before being drafted, he really has performed consistently all year. He's going to be a gem. I think Dawson is a better player than Towers but it would be very harsh to drop him with him coming along well. Marsh would be an obvious change for Allir, but again, very very stiff.
    I've been thinking this re Hayward but he doesn't look stale to me and he offers something different up front, and I get the feeling he is close to a real breakout performance. The workload up front is not as tough as in the backline or the midfield trenches either.

I'm really looking forward to having a good look at Dawson in the NEAFL Friday week. Having said that I expect us to give him a further taste of senior footy this season with a view to a contract extension and a genuine push to be a permanent fixture in the seniors next year. He'll get his chance with injuries etc plus poor old Deano is always one match away from being dropped...

Alir for Marsh

If they go the Rohan route, put him in the midfield for spurts.......big bodied and fast !!! (duh)

Rotate him with Parker and kennedy when they need to rest fwd
    Last edited by waswan; 12th June 2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling

It certainly is tight for spots atm so dropping any player might seem unfair, but here are a few possibilities:

1. Sinclair should definitely be dropped. He's playing his best footy now, but we still have 2 players taking up 1 spot and Naismith is the better ruckman. Aliir in.
    2. Marsh is playing well enough to hold his spot and Laidler has been doing his best in the reserves to earn a spot in the side, but we just have too many playing well in that role right now. Aliir is a more versatile option that gives us something different. Dawson in for Marsh.
    3. Towers has been playing his best footy lately and it would be sad for him to be dropped, but there are other options and he's not a critical part of the side. I'm not sure if Towers holds his spot against a fit Cunningham.
    4. Hayward has been great this year, but he's being judged on the basis of a first year 18 yo player. He definitely adds something to the side, but like Towers, is not a critical part of the side and we have other options.

Rohan, Towers and Hayward in a fight for 2 spots. If we include Tippett, we could say that there are 8 or 9 players trying to fit into 4 spots in the side. Both Cunningham and Robinson would be part of the mix when fit.

Tippett and Naismith fighting it out for the ruckman spot, while Sinclair falls out of the equation. I wouldn't mind giving Dawson a go in lieu of either Towers or Hayward. Dawson's form has been so strong and consistent this season he should get a chance to show what he can do at senior level.

KJ stays in; building form and not considered (by me) for dropping.

Senior Player
    So Ludwig just for those who are not sure of your viewpoint should we bring AA into the team this week? ????

It can't be tight for spots in a team that is 4-7. !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It certainly is tight for spots atm so dropping any player might seem unfair, but here are a few possibilities:

1. Sinclair should definitely be dropped. He's playing his best footy now, but we still have 2 players taking up 1 spot and Naismith is the better ruckman. Aliir in.
    2. Marsh is playing well enough to hold his spot and Laidler has been doing his best in the reserves to earn a spot in the side, but we just have too many playing well in that role right now. Aliir is a more versatile option that gives us something different. Dawson in for Marsh.
    3. Towers has been playing his best footy lately and it would be sad for him to be dropped, but there are other options and he's not a critical part of the side. I'm not sure if Towers holds his spot against a fit Cunningham.
    4. Hayward has been great this year, but he's being judged on the basis of a first year 18 yo player. He definitely adds something to the side, but like Towers, is not a critical part of the side and we have other options.

Rohan, Towers and Hayward in a fight for 2 spots. If we include Tippett, we could say that there are 8 or 9 players trying to fit into 4 spots in the side. Both Cunningham and Robinson would be part of the mix when fit.

Tippett and Naismith fighting it out for the ruckman spot, while Sinclair falls out of the equation. I wouldn't mind giving Dawson a go in lieu of either Towers or Hayward. Dawson's form has been so strong and consistent this season he should get a chance to show what he can do at senior level.

KJ stays in; building form and not considered (by me) for dropping.
    Gee that's complicated and confusing. They way I figure it, if I apply the Pythagoras Theory, Sinclair has a spot. He was a mate of Confucius who says don't confuse the issue with too much bulldust. Otherwise if I try to decipher what you were really saying, it is that Allir should be first ruck starting on the wing.

Perhaps we could make Allir and Rohan the Senior Runners and interchange them every 10 minutes. This way we can keep all RWOers happy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    So Ludwig just for those who are not sure of your viewpoint should we bring AA into the team this week? ????
    Of course he will say yeeeees. He loves him; all over him like a cheap suit. Then again Ludwig has got many a player right (waiting for Ronke to take it by the scruff of an opposition player's jumper), and on his form Allir could be the greatest ruckman of all time. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Gee that's complicated and confusing. They way I figure it, if I apply the Pythagoras Theory
    I never heard of this.

You might try using the Pythagorean Theorem if you want to get your angles right.

Collingwood won the hitouts 65 - 14. The clearances were 35 each and Melbourne won the centre clearances by 5. So much for the importance of ruckmen. Really, why do we even bother?

We can easily fit Dawson and Aliir in the side and Marsh can keep his spot. Just drop Naismith and Sinclair.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast