Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It can't be tight for spots in a team that is 4-7. !
    It can be in a team that has won 4 of its last 5 games

It can't be in a team that lost to hawthorn.

Senior Player
    It can't be in a team that lost to hawthorn.
    IN: Lloyd, Reid
    OUT: Concussions

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I never heard of this.

You might try using the Pythagorean Theorem if you want to get your angles right.

Collingwood won the hitouts 65 - 14. The clearances were 35 each and Melbourne won the centre clearances by 5. So much for the importance of ruckmen. Really, why do we even bother?

We can easily fit Dawson and Aliir in the side and Marsh can keep his spot. Just drop Naismith and Sinclair.

If you look at the top 4 sides they all have a dominant ruckman backed up with a pinch hitter. You keep a Naismith or a firing Tippett and then use a Reid/Aliir etc to fill in

I don't understand the calls for no recognised ruckman. You only have to see how Naismith monstered the dogs last week against basically tall midfielders to see that if you went into the game against Nankervis with no recognised ruckman that he would rip us to pieces. Just look what happened when they had Bont in the centre square. I coulda watched it to Benny Hill music. And also could I ask how many people on here watched the last 2 reserves games, whether that be live or on a stream?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    If you look at the top 4 sides they all have a dominant ruckman backed up with a pinch hitter. You keep a Naismith or a firing Tippett and then use a Reid/Aliir etc to fill in
    We'd be fine if only Sinclair could catch the ball.

We'd be fine if only Sinclair could catch the ball.
    I'd prefer he "mark" the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Rohan for Marsh. I think his pace will be useful on the MCG especially with Cunningham out..
    I must agree with your comments about Rohan's ability to present an alternative but I am continually surprised by Marsh. He was very good on Thursday night and he has speed. He was not easily beaten in one on one contests and made excellent decisions.

I think Towers may be the person that will miss out for Rohan if he comes in. He is very similar in that he has marking, pace and is able to come in off the square for centre bounces.

Towers is averaging about twice as many possessions as Rohan is at the moment. No way Rohan displaces Towers. In fact Rohan needs an extended run in the two's.

Just wild about Harry
    Towers is averaging about twice as many possessions as Rohan is at the moment. No way Rohan displaces Towers. In fact Rohan needs an extended run in the two's.
    Stop killing Bambi! Actually, I agree with you...

agreed, Rohan needs to earn his spot instead of having it just given to him

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I never heard of this.

You might try using the Pythagorean Theorem if you want to get your angles right.

Collingwood won the hitouts 65 - 14. The clearances were 35 each and Melbourne won the centre clearances by 5. So much for the importance of ruckmen. Really, why do we even bother?

We can easily fit Dawson and Aliir in the side and Marsh can keep his spot. Just drop Naismith and Sinclair.
    Despite this analysis and the fact Melbourne won the game, the Melb coach Goodwin is keen to have Gawn and possibly Spencer in the side for this wk. He clearly values the role of the ruckman

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    agreed, Rohan needs to earn his spot instead of having it just given to him
    Fully agree

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast