Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

I'd have no problem of Dawson coming in for Towers but Melican stays for mine

Melican isn't going anywhere, Dawson deserves a go, so it's cya later Towers

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Melican isn't going anywhere, Dawson deserves a go, so it's cya later Towers
    I've been incredibly impressed with the way Melican has gone about his business this year and I reckon with another off-season in the gym he'll be even better.

Anyone else get the feeling it'll either be the tigers by 1-2 goals or the Swans by a landslide?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Max Gawn is a very good footballer, whether in the ruck or around the ground. Takes marks and kicks goals. I'd have him in my team too.

What Melbourne have shown over this period without a ruckman is that there alternative ways to approach the stoppages which can be just as effective as having a dominant ruckman.

Hopefully Richmond bring in Ivan Soldo to help out in the ruck so Reg can have an opponent to play on. Naismith can handle both of them easily. Against Nankervis alone, I wouldn't mind rucking Aliir and Reid against him and take the advantage around the ground. I would even ruck Reg against Nanka. Reg doesn't play Jack Riewoldt well and all the other Tiger forwards are small zippy types, so I don't know what Reg will do for the day. Maybe he'll have to play forward or go one on one against Dusty.
    Out: Reg.
    In: Marsh.
    Solves two problems at once.

And as for dropping Towers as he begins to produce the goods, forget it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I dont think Melican has been any better or worse than Marsh - tough call to drop either one. Both good young prospects. With those two in the team it should give Rampe some license to attack along with a running HBF.

Agree that Rohan should get some touch in the seconds before coming back in. With Papley and Hayward up front and Reid the option to send down to stop opposition momentum I don think we need to rush him in.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling it'll either be the tigers by 1-2 goals or the Swans by a landslide?
    Depends who turns up for both sides. The Ferals have been quite competitive this year, only being beaten badly once, by Adelaide in round 6 by 76 points. Their other three losses have been by a total of 10 points after choking three weeks in a row.

This isn't going to be an easy game and we'll need to bring our best game to beat them.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Agree that Rohan should get some touch in the seconds before coming back in. With Papley and Hayward up front and Reid the option to send down to stop opposition momentum I don think we need to rush him in.
    It may be worth recalling at this time that the selectors originally had Rohan in the Bulldogs team. He withdrew due to illness. So it is clear they viewed his form good enough for seniors. Given that he had a solid performance in the reserves that weekend, it seems logical that he would retain his position.

He may not break into the team this week based on the superior form of other players but given their preference for Rohan ahead of others on the list I doubt it.

Warming the Bench
    Towers and Melican should hold their places in the side, both have been performing well this year. Towers still has his moments but improving all the time. Melican has been solid since his first game

Towers is 27. That means he's at the peak of his playing abilities right now, and next year. Keeping him on the list for his long is so that he pays back our patience right now. Not playing him when he's at his peak means we've wasted all the development on him.

Towers should be a locked in selection during 2017 and 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Towers is 27. That means he's at the peak of his playing abilities right now, and next year. Keeping him on the list for his long is so that he pays back our patience right now. Not playing him when he's at his peak means we've wasted all the development on him.

Towers should be a locked in selection during 2017 and 2018.
    Towers should be selected if his form warrants it

Towers turns up every week and as easy as that sounds you have to reward the effort he puts in

Rohan has a better game but does not turn up every week........and I wish he would cut the crap everytime he hits the deck where he looks like he has been shot only to join play shortly after at full pace highlighting the BS act he just put on

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast