Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Towers should be selected if his form warrants it
    Don't drop Towers, it was his best game four us! Watched the replay and he did some very nice things in close, a tap on here, a bump or block here. Almost very clever football. Also that kick to Hewitt for that goal, doesn't come any better. Anyhow we all know that Rohan cannot handle the wide ground of the MCG. He has endurance issues. Remember the two Grand Finals, he played in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Oh No! So it's all downhill from here? He probably peaked in the North Melbourne game.

I think we have 3 players who were in the reserves last week who could improve the team: Aliir, Rohan and Dawson. The players in the senior side who are the most expendable are Sinclair, Marsh and Towers.
    I think those ins/outs are spot on. All three outs have been playing well, but I don't know how much upside there is with them.

Could you talk about all this on the list management thread .

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Could you talk about all this on the list management thread .
    Very sound request. I've moved the posts that were more focussed on longer term list management issues than Saturday's game to the list management thread. A couple of posts could have were a bit of both. Hopefully no-one will get overly upset if their post has been moved / not moved from this thread.

If Towers gets dropped I thought it would be more about team structure than his performance. If they think they need Marsh as another defender. Whilst also really wanting to bring Rohan back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Neil Cordy suggests Towers and Melican are in danger of being replaced by Rohan / Dawson & Aliir.
    He must have inside information but it surprises me.

Melican has been playing well. So I did not think he would be replaced by Aliir.

Dawson has been playing well in reserves. So it is interesting if they want to bring him for these run of games against upper mid table sides.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Don't drop Towers, it was his best game four us! Watched the replay and he did some very nice things in close, a tap on here, a bump or block here. Almost very clever football. Also that kick to Hewitt for that goal, doesn't come any better. Anyhow we all know that Rohan cannot handle the wide ground of the MCG. He has endurance issues. Remember the two Grand Finals, he played in?
    I'm not a Towers fan at all, however, at the moment his confidence is high and is still improving. I think we should continue to roll the dice with him and see what eventuates. He has the ability but it seems that he just needs the self belief. If he fails it will confirm that he isn't up to AFL standard, if he succeeds it will be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'm not a Towers fan at all, however, at the moment his confidence is high and is still improving. I think we should continue to roll the dice with him and see what eventuates. He has the ability but it seems that he just needs the self belief. If he fails it will confirm that he isn't up to AFL standard, if he succeeds it will be a bonus.
    I have been a supporter of Towers and his game against the Bulldogs was more physical than any in recent memory but he still has issues for me both positionally and when he has the footy his decision making is suspect.
    In the game against Hawthorn, he was standing Hodge and he was too attacking and not defensive enough. Too often he would be spectating rather than participating. This was not the case last week so let's hope that in the review he has been given a blueprint for his game that he can implement.

Well , a lot of Melbourne know-it-alls are predicting Tigers will be too strong for Sydney , so that's a pretty good start .
    They all had a rider that Swans are back and swarming the ball carrier .
    They are certainly enjoying being out there again. I think Buddy is such an inspiration regarding this .

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Melican has been playing well. So I did not think he would be replaced by Aliir.

Dawson has been playing well in reserves. So it is interesting if they want to bring him for these run of games against upper mid table sides.
    Yeah Melican has definitely been the surprise for me this year. Based on form he shouldn't be dropped but maybe looking at match ups we don't need another tall defender. We may prefer to keep Marsh in, drop Melican and bring in some more leg speed in Rohan or possible Dawson based on excellent NEAFL form

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Well , a lot of Melbourne know-it-alls are predicting Tigers will be too strong for Sydney , so that's a pretty good start .
    They all had a rider that Swans are back and swarming the ball carrier .
    They are certainly enjoying being out there again. I think Buddy is such an inspiration regarding this .
    The Melbourne media will continually pump up sides down there. It gets more viewers & sells more of their toilet papers. Listen to the fapping over the Bomders it's laughable. I think Sydney can win n win easily depending on the selection of the side.

Just wild about Harry
    Out: zone defence
    In: man-on-man to prevent Richmond beating us AGAIN by slowing the game down and playing keepings-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Out: zone defence
    In: man-on-man to prevent Richmond beating us AGAIN by slowing the game down and playing keepings-off.
    +1

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast