Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Thanks ugg. Fascinating news! Exciting times for Kanga.

It's a nice vote of confidence for Edwards but why would we choose who to elevate now if we are not going to play him? Is he a chance for this weekend? Why would we pick him ahead of, say, Dawson and Rohan?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Richmond don't play keepings off, they have the lowest uncontested possession tally in the league
    That is certainly the case this year.

The have the lowest uncontested possessions as a percentage of total possessions in 2017 at 58% of total possessions. The league average is 63%
    Their game plan has changed from 2016 where 63% of total possessions were uncontested. The league average was 62%

Whats interesting is Richmond's total possession count is currently the second lowest in the league, just above Brisbanes, so they dont get the footy much. They were similar last year. The 4th lowest ahead of Brisbane, Gold Coast and Port, who had shockers of years.

They also currently have the 3rd highest clanger count. So not only do they not get the footy much, but when they do they give it up more than anyone.
    I cant see how a low possession high turnover game results in winning scores.

What does this tell us about our winning chances? Probably nothing.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I cant see how a low possession high turnover game results in winning scores.
    Yes that did baffle me on my first look at their stats. However what really stands out about them is their excellent defensive stats, particularly limiting teams from scoring when they enter Richmond's defensive 50.

In addition, as mentioned previously they are very direct. Despite having such low disposal numbers, they average the 3rd most Inside 50s in the AFL.

Rohan for Melican

Rohan for Melican
    dumb, real dumb

On the contrary it's smart since Tigers only have one tall forward.

...surprising Marsh? over Melican. Richmond don't have the tallest line but still.. Wait and see I guess.

On the contrary it's smart since Tigers only have one tall forward.
    You can bet if we lose the knives will be out on here for Longmire on this one....

All week I was saying Melican isn't going anywhere and Rohan needs way more time in the 2s.

And here we are. Guess I'm just an armchair critic for a reason

Rohan for Melican
    I'm okay with this. Horses for courses approach with Richmond's lack of tall forwards.

Not surprised really. They have no height in their forward half. There's just no matchup for Melican.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast