Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Ah Richmond at the "G". Sends shivers down my spine. Which Swans will turn up?

Ins. Rohan.
    Outs. Marsh

Veterans List
    Play like last night and we'll win. Reversing of last nights late change the only one you could see being made unless they stick with a winning side.

Senior Player
    Would like to see an unchanged team, really think that Gaz needs a few games at NEAFL level to see a bit of the ball

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Would like to see an unchanged team, really think that Gaz needs a few games at NEAFL level to see a bit of the ball
    Agreed. Everyone deserves another game after last night's performance

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Yep agree completely...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Out: Behinds
    In: Goals

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Out: Behinds
    In: Goals

Daaaaaaaaad!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Although we played well last night and it's hard to fault anyone's performance, we still need to bring our best team every week if we are any chance to make finals. Richmond have a short, but quick team, and we should adjust to counter the kind of opposition we will be up against.

I would make 2 changes, pending how the reserves go regarding form and injuries.

Out: Marsh and Sinclair
    In: Rohan and Aliir

Marsh played as expected and wasn't bad at all. Aliir just offers so much more. We also wouldn't have to drop Reid back into defence late in quarters to preserve the score line. Rohan should be an important player for us and needs to play as much as possible. He's another dangerous forward option that takes pressure off Buddy and Reid.

Although Sinkers has been okay, it's been just okay. He still can take a mark and this year his goal kicking is badly down. He really offers nothing that Naismith can't do by himself. It's like playing one man down. It's one spot occupied by 2 men. Aliir and Reid can cover as 2nd ruck. Richmond use Grigg as their 2nd ruck, so it hardly matters.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Although we played well last night and it's hard to fault anyone's performance, we still need to bring our best team every week if we are any chance to make finals. Richmond have a short, but quick team, and we should adjust to counter the kind of opposition we will be up against.

I would make 2 changes, pending how the reserves go regarding form and injuries.

Out: Marsh and Sinclair
    In: Rohan and Aliir

Marsh played as expected and wasn't bad at all. Aliir just offers so much more. We also wouldn't have to drop Reid back into defence late in quarters to preserve the score line. Rohan should be an important player for us and needs to play as much as possible. He's another dangerous forward option that takes pressure off Buddy and Reid.

Although Sinkers has been okay, it's been just okay. He still can take a mark and this year his goal kicking is badly down. He really offers nothing that Naismith can't do by himself. It's like playing one man down. It's one spot occupied by 2 men. Aliir and Reid can cover as 2nd ruck. Richmond use Grigg as their 2nd ruck, so it hardly matters.
    I can't have Rohan coming in for Marsh. Marsh was good last night and Rohan is a dunce playing backline. How many chances does Rohan get. Back to the 2's for a few games to get some touch and game consistency as he hasn't played a lot of footy. Harry gets a bad rap, yet he has hardly played a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I can't have Rohan coming in for Marsh. Marsh was good last night and Rohan is a dunce playing backline. How many chances does Rohan get. Back to the 2's for a few games to get some touch and game consistency as he hasn't played a lot of footy. Harry gets a bad rap, yet he has hardly played a bad game.
    I would have Aliir replacing Marsh. I agree that Harry is playing well and really deserves as spot in the side, but Aliir simply offers more, both in defence and versatility.

Rohan would replace Sinclair, providing more pressure and scoring power. We only need to go up against Nankervis. How many ruckmen do we need to neutralise him?

What I think will happen is that Rohan will replace Marsh and Sinclair will hold his spot. That's the Longmire way.

There is an interesting scenario where Marsh stays in and Towers is omitted. Newman and Marsh can alternate putting a full court press on Dusty. I wouldn't mind playing Aliir forward as this is a game where Richmond can be exploited for lack of height. Rance will take Buddy all over the ground, then Reid and Aliir can be isolated on Astbury and Grimes. I like those matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would have Aliir replacing Marsh. I agree that Harry is playing well and really deserves as spot in the side, but Aliir simply offers more, both in defence and versatility.

Rohan would replace Sinclair, providing more pressure and scoring power. We only need to go up against Nankervis. How many ruckmen do we need to neutralise him?

What I think will happen is that Rohan will replace Marsh and Sinclair will hold his spot. That's the Longmire way.

There is an interesting scenario where Marsh stays in and Towers is omitted. Newman and Marsh can alternate putting a full court press on Dusty. I wouldn't mind playing Aliir forward as this is a game where Richmond can be exploited for lack of height. Rance will take Buddy all over the ground, then Reid and Aliir can be isolated on Astbury and Grimes. I like those matchups.
    Since when was AFL played on a court?!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Since when was AFL played on a court?!
    The Australian Federation of Lawyers always play in court.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast