Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I hope this means Rohan will play in defence...Because his form up forward has been ordinary to say the least.

I fear he'll be playing his usual 11 possession game up forward.

I would of much preferred to see Aliir come in for Melican, to be that attacking defender we need.
    The fact is Richmond have a forward line that is really quick and elusive. The other fact is that they have a back line that is fast and elusive. Their mids are more than ok. Their outside players are more than ok, wingers for those like I who are position freaks. The reality is that they actually have a really mid size forward line. But what is interesting about their forwards is that even though mid height they mark far above their height.

So where do you go? Horse has decided for speed to match speed. That might just work. But it might be a let down too. The speed we have brought in is a forward. Maybe we should have brought in Edwards to play HB on these guys and run off them. Just a thought. But speed is important against these guys. Height is probably a secondary concern, except when Toby decides to have a rest forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    You may well be right. The lasting image from that game, besides the winning goal was the helmeted Griffiths sprinting away from the helmeted Richards to kick a goal
    I remember the game at ANZ. We had the ball in our forward line for what seemed like an eternity. We couldn't buy a goal. That was our own fault, we just kept bombing the ball in instead of thinking about it and hitting up a player. There were players open on the other side several times as well as players willing to switch. But we just kept bombing into the forward pocket, not even the middle of the goals. Richmond left dusty on Teddy in the centre on the red zone side not far from the centre. The ball was kicked in a hurried fashion to the two of them and dusty pushed Teddy under the ball which went over his head and he ran on and kicked a goal. The problem was that Horse did not learn from one Teddy one out against Dusty he allowed another and they sealed the game. We don't want to just defend against their game we have to attack. We certainly don't want to have mismatches.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The only thing Rohan offers more than possessions is the occasional spectacular sprint. Then goes missing for a quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Jetta just played the game a speedy outside player should. 20 possessions and a goal or two.
    If Rohan plays on the wing like Jetta, he will have more impact on the game. Stuck in starvation corner on the HFF he is wasted
    sprite

Rohan needs to perform, with Dawson doing what he is doing in the 2's

Cant see him playing well in Defense, not smart enough

Maybe play him as a defensive Fwd on Houli ??
    Would love to see him rotate thru the midfield of as a tackling machine on the wing

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    the Swans are favoured to beat the Tigers - but not heavily so.
    Which is a worry. How many times have we been been favourites to beat the Ferals only to lose? We've only beaten them four times this decade (2011 or later) out of nine games.

Code:
    R23 2016 SCG Sydney 25.14 (164)	Richmond 7.9 (51)	Win by 113
    R 8 2016 MCG Sydney 15.10 (100)	Richmond 14.17 (101)	Lose by 1
    R13 2015 SCG Sydney 11.11 (77)	Richmond 14.11 (95)	Lose by 18
    R23 2014 S/A Sydney 9.11 (65)	Richmond 10.8 (68)	Lose by 3
    R14 2014 MCG Sydney 9.8 (62)	Richmond 7.9 (51)	Win by 11
    R18 2013 SCG Sydney 16.14 (110)	Richmond 9.9 (63)	Win by 47
    R 7 2012 MCG Sydney 8.14 (62)	Richmond 13.13 (91)	Lose by 29
    R21 2011 MCG Sydney 7.14 (56)	Richmond 14.15 (99)	Lose by 43
    R12 2011 SCG Sydney 9.21 (75)	Richmond 9.11 (65)	Win by 10
    Which Richmond are going to turn up - the one that's going to get flogged or the one that wins by a kick?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I, too, would have thought Rohan needs more time in the 2s, based on what I've seen so far this year. I will defer to the match committee's judgement, and I certainly don't know opposition teams as well as other RWOers with their insights, for which I'm grateful. But I am confident in thinking that if Gary doesn't play tighter than he has at other times in defence, it will be to our disadvantage. Another observation that isn't mine but I thought perceptive was a commentator's reflection that his style of manic chase-downs may contribute to some degree to his injuries. I see this as being an important game for Gary. I hope he does well.

Pleased that Tippett has not been recalled.
    I don't think he will play in defence. He'll play in attack. Last week we took in an extra defender.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Rohan needs to perform, with Dawson doing what he is doing in the 2's

Cant see him playing well in Defense, not smart enough

Maybe play him as a defensive Fwd on Houli ??
    Would love to see him rotate thru the midfield of as a tackling machine on the wing
    Rohan played his best ever game for the swans as a defender against the Kangaroos in a prelim final from memory.

I like him as a forward also as he is a good kick for goal and offers elite pressure off the ball.

But I think we need to try something with him to try and get a bit of consistency and sustained form out of him so perhaps telling him that he will now be part of the back 6 for the remainder of the year and to make it his own is the right move? It may also give us the opportunity to release Mills into the midfield while adding some real breakaway speed to our half back line that most of the top sides have in spades!

I'm not sure if horse and the rest of the selection comittee are thinking the same way but I can't see how it is a bad idea to try something like this out, considering our start to the year and where we sit and if it happens to be a success it will only help us moving forward into 2018!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Has to

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Rohan played his best ever game for the swans as a defender against the Kangaroos in a prelim final from memory.

I like him as a forward also as he is a good kick for goal and offers elite pressure off the ball.

But I think we need to try something with him to try and get a bit of consistency and sustained form out of him so perhaps telling him that he will now be part of the back 6 for the remainder of the year and to make it his own is the right move? It may also give us the opportunity to release Mills into the midfield while adding some real breakaway speed to our half back line that most of the top sides have in spades!

I'm not sure if horse and the rest of the selection comittee are thinking the same way but I can't see how it is a bad idea to try something like this out, considering our start to the year and where we sit and if it happens to be a success it will only help us moving forward into 2018!

If
    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    IF they dropped Melican because they are worried about the speed of Richmond's forward line, surely Rohan has to play down back. I am hoping the real Sydney swans team arrives tomorrow, Maybe I will get a lead from the Bookmakers, as per last week's game.

It's been reported Dusty Martin left the training track early yesterday after clutching his back. Obviously helps the Swannies if he misses. Helps me in Supercoach as well.

Veterans List
    Edwards (and AJ) at Melbourne airport so that solves the travelling emergency riddle.

Rohan didn't get a possession in last year's GF. He is lucky to get a role anywhere.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112