Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

Ah Richmond at the "G". Sends shivers down my spine. Which Swans will turn up?

Ins. Rohan.
    Outs. Marsh

Veterans List
    Play like last night and we'll win. Reversing of last nights late change the only one you could see being made unless they stick with a winning side.

Senior Player
    Would like to see an unchanged team, really think that Gaz needs a few games at NEAFL level to see a bit of the ball

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Would like to see an unchanged team, really think that Gaz needs a few games at NEAFL level to see a bit of the ball
    Agreed. Everyone deserves another game after last night's performance

Blog Entries
    Out: Behinds
    In: Goals

Although we played well last night and it's hard to fault anyone's performance, we still need to bring our best team every week if we are any chance to make finals. Richmond have a short, but quick team, and we should adjust to counter the kind of opposition we will be up against.

I would make 2 changes, pending how the reserves go regarding form and injuries.

Out: Marsh and Sinclair
    In: Rohan and Aliir

Marsh played as expected and wasn't bad at all. Aliir just offers so much more. We also wouldn't have to drop Reid back into defence late in quarters to preserve the score line. Rohan should be an important player for us and needs to play as much as possible. He's another dangerous forward option that takes pressure off Buddy and Reid.

Although Sinkers has been okay, it's been just okay. He still can take a mark and this year his goal kicking is badly down. He really offers nothing that Naismith can't do by himself. It's like playing one man down. It's one spot occupied by 2 men. Aliir and Reid can cover as 2nd ruck. Richmond use Grigg as their 2nd ruck, so it hardly matters.

No way Rohan should come back in.

I'd make one change:
    In: Talia
    Out: Marsh.

Allir I have no idea where he's at.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No way Rohan should come back in.

I'd make one change:
    In: Talia
    Out: Marsh.

Allir I have no idea where he's at.
    Would you explain the love for Talia? I've not seen him do anything in the twos that inspires a promotion.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Bringing in another tall defender for a side which plays with only one tall forward (Riewoldt) doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bringing in another tall defender for a side which plays with only one tall forward (Riewoldt) doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.
    Think we need more run and with only Nankers rucking for the Tiges, do we toy with the idea of Rohan for Sinclair or do we stick with two rucks knowing that Nankers will tire?

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Yep agree completely...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot see them dropping Sinclair at all. Naismith played well but I'm not confident he can carry the load by himself at this stage. Sinclair has had a good few weeks and last night was no exception. That said, I agree that one ruck should be adequate against Richmond but the same was true last night and it worked well having two good rucks in the team. They both contributed more than hitouts. As I mentioned in another thread, I do feel Naismith is the better pure ruck and Sinclair, in the longer term, offers less as a forward than Tippett playing well or Cameron when he is ready. So, useful as he's been for us, and even though I'm defending his place in the team this week, I'm not sure that I see a future for him with us except as adding valuable depth.

Can't decide what I think is best for the only other spot up for discussion: Marsh/Rohan/Aliir/McVeigh/Dawson/Florent????

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast