Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 9 - June 17-18

James Howard according to the website.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO wrap of the weekend action is (belatedly) now online.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    The 17 year old kid that got hit won the Western Sydney 17s B&F last year and is just making his way in senior footy and this happens. Punched in the throat behind play.

Its must be an ongoing culture at Parramatta I guess.
    Wasn't there and didn't see what happened, but if the incident is anything like it's been described then the bloke needs a long holiday. We have to get crap like this out of the game.

Parra to win only one from here and be in div 2 next year.

Pushing for Selection
    Bloke from Parra (Howard) got 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Bloke from Parra (Howard) got 8 weeks
    For a one punch hit that sounds pretty bad as described, it sounds a little soft when you consider the community response to coward punches. Surprised he'll be allowed to play again.

Was it an intentional punch to the throat? I have never heard of that on a football field.

Based on previous suspensions 8 weeks is severe - a player from Wests got 7 for one of the worst king hits I have seen (caught on video).

I'm surprised there weren't any suspensions on the Magic side of things in the name of a square up. Maybe I'm from a different era of footy, but if a young kid got nailed cheaply, old mate would be off for at least 8 weeks anyway.

Notice he copped 2 weeks for striking in the same round last year when playing for Balmain. Might be a "moon" thing

Whats the thoughts on punching in a ruck contest? Punched the ball forward but then the follow through got the other ruckman. I guess it comes down to intent, but I think everyone was genuinely in shocked including the ruckman and the umpire at the ball up. Call came from 100m away. Yellow card and a 'reprimand' from the judiciary.

If you go there and fight it, surely its players word against umps.

PK,

The days for an old fashioned square up are gone. Magic flew the flag but didn't get carried away with emotion as the result showed.

Away from that the guilty party post incident went straight to the bench and iced up his foot and took no further part in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo29 View Post
    PK,

The days for an old fashioned square up are gone. Magic flew the flag but didn't get carried away with emotion as the result showed.

Away from that the guilty party post incident went straight to the bench and iced up his foot and took no further part in game.
    Convenient timing for some ice on the ankle.. the act itself was weak enough. That just sounds pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Whats the thoughts on punching in a ruck contest? Punched the ball forward but then the follow through got the other ruckman. I guess it comes down to intent, but I think everyone was genuinely in shocked including the ruckman and the umpire at the ball up. Call came from 100m away. Yellow card and a 'reprimand' from the judiciary.

If you go there and fight it, surely its players word against umps.

Maybe you should ask someone on the hill - Good punch - should have got a week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast