Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 13 V Richmond. MCG. 13.45 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Naismith could be the next mummy
    Lost due to the salary cap? I hope not!

But seriously, it was good to see him follow up from last game, making the most of his opportunity. I hope he keeps on the trajectory. We've seen glimpses from several ruck prospects over the years, be nice for one of them to cement a long term spot. I still think the game is the better for them.

I have no doubt Rohan will get selected, simply because he did a few flash things in the last quarter and because we won. We've had 5 years of this.

Had nankervis kicked straight, he would be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    That's what I was saying to my 5-year-old son after the game - "we'll remember this forever".

Plus he got to touch Sinclair's hand when they thanked the crowd. It's the little things, like that gesture, that makes all the difference to little kids.

The one point loss last year nearly killed us, so it was nice to experience another high at the G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Barry. Have you actually gone back and watched the last quarter of that game on replay. Rohan was more responsible than any other player on the ground for us getting over the line. His tackling, running, spoiling was inspirational. He ran himself to a standstill. Rohan is not in the team to get mega possessions. He creates pressure, both real and perceived. He puts the fear of God into opposing players when they've got the ball and he's close by. Not only is he quick, but he is fearless and his tackling is brutal. We need blokes like him to complement the ball magnets. 22 possession accumulators wouldn't win too many games.
    A beautiful synopsis of why we love Gazza.

That said, it would be great to see him impacting (if not imposing himself on) games more often (with or without big stats).

I like it when

Jacks got his Shimmy Back

Now there's a great song title
    (c'mon Greg Champion or Jimmy Barnes)

Be good if more players had this presence of mind , so many were kicking the ball into another player when a shimmy would have given them clean air.

Jack's shimmy put us in front for the first time , and it wasn't a banana .

Wow. Totally wasn't expecting that.

They actually played well in the first half. Inaccuracy in front of the goals was what did us in.
    The second half was superb.
    I love comeback footy... this was a great example of it.
    I have no fingernails left, but that's ok. They'll grow back.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Barry. Have you actually gone back and watched the last quarter of that game on replay. Rohan was more responsible than any other player on the ground for us getting over the line. His tackling, running, spoiling was inspirational. He ran himself to a standstill. Rohan is not in the team to get mega possessions. He creates pressure, both real and perceived. He puts the fear of God into opposing players when they've got the ball and he's close by. Not only is he quick, but he is fearless and his tackling is brutal. We need blokes like him to complement the ball magnets. 22 possession accumulators wouldn't win too many games.
    Gaz was very good in that last qtr.

Not just the last goal. The run down the Southern Stand wing, (could have gone all the way if Towers had offered even a half decent shepherd), the diving lunge that resulted in Reid's goal, the run back with the flight mark to intercept (in exactly the same spot that he got cleaned up against Carlton), making space in the fwd line in front of Rance, and if Heeney had kicked it to him he would have kicked the sealer 2 minutes earlier, a chase down of ???(some Richmond nobody), that resulted in a rushed kick and eventual turnover, provided forward half pressure that meant Richmond defenders had to hurry their kicks more and then finally the sealer. He had a big last qtr, he was everywhere in our fwd line creating options and the Richmond defenders couldn't deal with him Reid and Buddy all at once. He is a much better forward than a defender.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    He is a much better forward than a defender.
    He is, but he spent the first three quarters helping to mind Richmond's fleet of small, very quick forwards, who, outside of the first half burst by young Bolton, had pretty little impact on the scoreboard. I think Rohan spent much of the game on the most talented of the group - Rioli - who was subdued for most of the game. So it's not like Rohan spent the first three quarters just bludging in the backline.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Gaz was very good in that last qtr.
    He should have been. He was probably the freshest player out there as he didnt get to the MCG until 3/4 time.

Not just the last goal.
    The last goal signified how much contempt Rance had for him, that he didnt bother marking him up and instead looked to run off. Richmond did need a goal, and if Richmond had won the ball, Rance would have been 10m clear of Rohan and would be another Rohan FU.
    So, sorry, no credit for him in that one.
    The run down the Southern Stand wing, (could have gone all the way if Towers had offered even a half decent shepherd),
    Shepparding was fine, he was 10m clear when he kicked it. Under no pressure, straight to a richmond player. Another Rohan FU, made to look good by other players.
    the diving lunge that resulted in Reid's goal,
    Hardly great play. The ball came at him at half-volley, Could have easily gained possession, but confidence was so shot he paddled off to Reid. lucky.
    the run back with the flight mark to intercept (in exactly the same spot that he got cleaned up against Carlton),
    Dropped mark!
    making space in the fwd line in front of Rance,
    Rance had a blinder in the last quarter. Whatever Rohan did to put off rance, it failed miserably.
    and if Heeney had kicked it to him he would have kicked the sealer 2 minutes earlier, a chase down of ???(some Richmond nobody), that resulted in a rushed kick and eventual turnover, provided forward half pressure that meant Richmond defenders had to hurry their kicks more and then finally the sealer. He had a big last qtr, he was everywhere in our fwd line creating options and the Richmond defenders couldn't deal with him Reid and Buddy all at once. He is a much better forward than a defender.
    if, if if.

He did nothing for 3 quarters, and was at best servicable for 1. If we had lost, he would be dropped, and the game was only as close as it was because he failed to contribute. He is not worthy of top 22 on any of this years form.

Warming the Bench
    He should have been. He was probably the freshest player out there as he didnt get to the MCG until 3/4 time.

The last goal signified how much contempt Rance had for him, that he didnt bother marking him up and instead looked to run off. Richmond did need a goal, and if Richmond had won the ball, Rance would have been 10m clear of Rohan and would be another Rohan FU.
    So, sorry, no credit for him in that one.

Shepparding was fine, he was 10m clear when he kicked it. Under no pressure, straight to a richmond player. Another Rohan FU, made to look good by other players.

Hardly great play. The ball came at him at half-volley, Could have easily gained possession, but confidence was so shot he paddled off to Reid. lucky.

Dropped mark!

Rance had a blinder in the last quarter. Whatever Rohan did to put off rance, it failed miserably.

if, if if.

He did nothing for 3 quarters, and was at best servicable for 1. If we had lost, he would be dropped, and the game was only as close as it was because he failed to contribute. He is not worthy of top 22 on any of this years form.
    Wow this is definitely using ones imagination

Happy to admit i have wanted Gaz out of the side at different times and his ability to missing is noticed but the last quarter by him and JPK were huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Rance was clearly the BOG even if he is a flog

if, if if.

You do yourself no favours by arguing against my points then using the same if,if and ifs to support your opinion.

I've just had a quick look at the q4 replay. Apologies to Dean Towers, he wasn't the one who should have shepherded. There was no shepherd at all which should have been provided by Hewitt and because of that Rohan was closed down by Edwards who was able to run on the angle to force him wider. He then delivered his kick under pressure and NOT 10 metres in the clear to a two on two. Reid on Astbury, and Towers on Your mate Rance. The ball is delivered to the contest, Reid forces it to the Ground and Towers is caught behind Rance who picks it up and clears.

The very next play of consequence is the Grigg kick across goal that Rohan dives at the ball that did NOT come straight at him as you claim. Reid goals as a direct result of that play.

The run back into the play mark was in the last quarter with about 15 minutes to go and no he did NOT drop the mark.

Stop fabricating things to support your views.

And as for your assertion that the game was close because Rohan did SFA for 3 quarters, that is just opinion disguised as fact. How about this for some facts. I'd suggest that the game was only as close as it was because Rampe had a shocker. Gave away 2 free kicks that resulted in goals, and failed to do the team thing and take the ball over the line that resulted in Riewoldt's last goal.

Senior Player
    Gary's last was huge, the biggest output on the ground.

AFL Player Ratings on Twitter: "Round 13, 2017. Richmond v Sydney Swans #AFLTigersSwans https://t.co/UDQawYqpR0"

"Now, using the most sophisticated algorithm ever applied to our game, we are assessing every single action of every player, determining the impact of that action, and providing points � either positive or negative � toward that player's rating compared to his peers.

Along with the obvious acts such as goals, marks and disposals, we've included intercepts, spoils, kicking to a contest, smothers, chasing, corralling and many other 'one-percenters' - along with where and when they occurred - to paint a complete picture of ever player's impact on a game."