Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 13 V Richmond. MCG. 13.45 pm.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Gary's last was huge, the biggest output on the ground.

AFL Player Ratings on Twitter: "Round 13, 2017. Richmond v Sydney Swans #AFLTigersSwans https://t.co/UDQawYqpR0"

"Now, using the most sophisticated algorithm ever applied to our game, we are assessing every single action of every player, determining the impact of that action, and providing points � either positive or negative � toward that player's rating compared to his peers.

Along with the obvious acts such as goals, marks and disposals, we've included intercepts, spoils, kicking to a contest, smothers, chasing, corralling and many other 'one-percenters' - along with where and when they occurred - to paint a complete picture of ever player's impact on a game."
    Wow very interesting! Can't help but notice Nankervis very close to the bottom

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Interception that led to Reid's goal was heroic. Thought Newman and Naismith's efforts one on one with Rioli were also outstanding.
    Some great last quarter individual efforts by Rohan and Naismith. But I thought the effort, with a minute to go, by Newman to Spoil Rioli on the wing and win possession of the ball was truly outstanding. I see he is finally being recognised as a serious player.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Some great last quarter individual efforts by Rohan and Naismith. But I thought the effort, with a minute to go, by Newman to Spoil Rioli on the wing and win possession of the ball was truly outstanding. I see he is finally being recognised as a serious player.
    One of the things that probably held Newman back from getting a senior opportunity earlier was that he was something of an outside player - always a great kick but maybe lacking defensively. I've been (very pleasantly) surprised that he's not just elevated this aspect of his game to an acceptable level for senior footy, but that he's become one of the most effective at applying pressure in the senior team.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Gary's last was huge, the biggest output on the ground.

AFL Player Ratings on Twitter: "Round 13, 2017. Richmond v Sydney Swans #AFLTigersSwans https://t.co/UDQawYqpR0"

"Now, using the most sophisticated algorithm ever applied to our game, we are assessing every single action of every player, determining the impact of that action, and providing points � either positive or negative � toward that player's rating compared to his peers.

Along with the obvious acts such as goals, marks and disposals, we've included intercepts, spoils, kicking to a contest, smothers, chasing, corralling and many other 'one-percenters' - along with where and when they occurred - to paint a complete picture of ever player's impact on a game."
    Fascinating breakdown of activity, and especially gratifying that the compiler(s) agreed with me about Gary Rohan's input!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Fascinating breakdown of activity, and especially gratifying that the compiler(s) agreed with me about Gary Rohan's input!
    Yes his last quarter was great and there is no way he should be dropped as some people are suggesting. He has always struggled to play well on the wide open spaces of the MCG, Look at the last two Grand finals, but I think the SCG suits him much better.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Coaches votes

10 Rance
    6 Newman
    4 Lloyd
    3 Heeney
    3 Papley
    2 Houli
    2 Jones

Only possible breakdown
    Rance 5-5
    Newman 4-2
    Lloyd 4-0
    Heeney 3-0
    Papley 3-0
    Jones/Houli One 2-0 the other 1-1

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Buddy $1000 fine

BUT

Zak Jones offered 1 week for striking Butler. Anyone remember the incidents?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Buddy $1000 fine

BUT

Unsurprisingly, he was one of the feistier ones involved in the push and shove that followed Buddy's bump. I don't recall anything that looked like a punch but I think he did make some contact high to a Tiger. Given the AFL's crackdown on punching, they may well have determined that his action was more than a push. Although he'll be a loss, it might not be a bad thing to calm him down a bit. Feistiness is good but he always looks likely to do something a bit daft.

Edit: The MRP statement says the incident occurred in the 3rd term, so was unrelated to the post-buddy-bump fracas.
    Last edited by liz; 19th June 2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: update

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I have no doubt Rohan will get selected, simply because he did a few flash things in the last quarter and because we won. We've had 5 years of this.

Had nankervis kicked straight, he would be dropped.
    Rohan will not be dropped. As others have pointed out, he does so many one percenters that don't go into the stats book. He marks well, he has speed and an X factor which can win games......and you only improve your game at that standard by playing at that standard. He won't be dropped. Towers however........

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Buddy gone

Actually seems unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Buddy $1000 fine

BUT

Buddy fined for NOT hitting someone in the head.
    And the Tiger who bumped Hayward and DID get him in the head received ......?

Veterans List
    Yeah I can't believe he was fined for contact to the head. Maybe they had a different camera angle that showed the contact.

Haven't seen any footage of the Jones incident. Even the sport news didn't show anything. It must have been bad if it is 2 weeks down to 1.

What's laughable is that the MRP assessed that the exaggeration by Rance to the push in the chest was not excessive. What a load of rubbish!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yeah I can't believe he was fined for contact to the head. Maybe they had a different camera angle that showed the contact.

Haven't seen any footage of the Jones incident. Even the sport news didn't show anything. It must have been bad if it is 2 weeks down to 1.

What's laughable is that the MRP assessed that the exaggeration by Rance to the push in the chest was not excessive. What a load of rubbish!!
    There's a funny snippet in the highlights, a quick shot before fadeout of an enthusiastic Swans supporter rising to his feet to applaud Rance getting flattened - love it!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)