Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 13 V Richmond. MCG. 13.45 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Gary's last was huge, the biggest output on the ground.

AFL Player Ratings on Twitter: "Round 13, 2017. Richmond v Sydney Swans #AFLTigersSwans https://t.co/UDQawYqpR0"

"Now, using the most sophisticated algorithm ever applied to our game, we are assessing every single action of every player, determining the impact of that action, and providing points � either positive or negative � toward that player's rating compared to his peers.

Along with the obvious acts such as goals, marks and disposals, we've included intercepts, spoils, kicking to a contest, smothers, chasing, corralling and many other 'one-percenters' - along with where and when they occurred - to paint a complete picture of ever player's impact on a game."
    I notice that Franklin guy was our second worst on ground according to those player ratings. Don't know know he keeps holding his spot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yeah I can't believe he was fined for contact to the head. Maybe they had a different camera angle that showed the contact.

Haven't seen any footage of the Jones incident. Even the sport news didn't show anything. It must have been bad if it is 2 weeks down to 1.

What's laughable is that the MRP assessed that the exaggeration by Rance to the push in the chest was not excessive. What a load of rubbish!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Yes, it seems like the Tribunal has a problem with the concept of 'head': remember the famous line regarding Tippett, "His head at no stage hit the ground."
    And in regards to Rance, if I'm interpreting their gobbledygook right: they seem to be saying, 'yes he staged for a free, but it was an appropriate level of staging'!?? Hopefully somebody will delve into the rulebook and find out what the appropriate level of diving is.
    Though I am I little bit surprised that they can sanction a player for diving. Has that been in for long? Is it known as the Matthew Lloyd rule?

There is a photo heading the MRP story on the AFL app which clearly shows Jack Riewoldt punching Buddy on the jaw with a closed fist, in the fracas that Richmond players started after Buddy bumped Menadue (on the shoulder). Yet Riewoldt was not even cited by the MRP? Should have been intentional, high contact, low impact - 2 match penalty down to one with early plea (the same as Zac Jones).

Franklin, Selwood among big names free to play in round 14
    Relief for stars but Swan, Sun offered bans - M.afl.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Though I am I little bit surprised that they can sanction a player for diving. Has that been in for long? Is it known as the Matthew Lloyd rule?
    Staging is a reportable offence which can attract a penalty of a written reprimand (first offence), $1500/$1000 fine (2nd) or $2500/$1500 (3rd and subsequent). Has been in the Tribunal rules for several years.

And Rance should have been receiving a letter this week. Or possibly a fine if both his Oscar routines in the match had been assessed.

Veterans List
    The algorithm is back. I thought it disappeared when Einstein died. But it is back and is now up there with the best of current day buzz words. There is an algorithm for this and an algorithm for that. What is you take on algorithms Ludwig?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    By the way, not sure it's been mentioned and apologies if it has.

With Heeney's goal in the third (after an absolutely cracking tackle by Newman, the new fave on here) did everyone appreciate just how smooth and absurdly easy he made the pick up and left foot kick for goal look?

The three quick steps, the clean hands, the assessment of time and space, the balance on his left, the purity of the strike. It was truly ridiculous and easy to take for granted because it looked simple.

But it really was magic.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Some great last quarter individual efforts by Rohan and Naismith. But I thought the effort, with a minute to go, by Newman to Spoil Rioli on the wing and win possession of the ball was truly outstanding. I see he is finally being recognised as a serious player.
    Shades of Marty Mattner that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The algorithm is back. I thought it disappeared when Einstein died. But it is back and is now up there with the best of current day buzz words. There is an algorithm for this and an algorithm for that. What is you take on algorithms Ludwig?
    Algorithms: I'm pretty sure they're iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    By the way, not sure it's been mentioned and apologies if it has.

With Heeney's goal in the third (after an absolutely cracking tackle by Newman, the new fave on here) did everyone appreciate just how smooth and absurdly easy he made the pick up and left foot kick for goal look?

The three quick steps, the clean hands, the assessment of time and space, the balance on his left, the purity of the strike. It was truly ridiculous and easy to take for granted because it looked simple.

But it really was magic.
    Heeney's cleanness with the ball, as well as his hardness and courage, is what makes him such a special player. Totally agree.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Staging is a reportable offence which can attract a penalty of a written reprimand (first offence), $1500/$1000 fine (2nd) or $2500/$1500 (3rd and subsequent). Has been in the Tribunal rules for several years.

And Rance should have been receiving a letter this week. Or possibly a fine if both his Oscar routines in the match had been assessed.
    Nearly every footy show panelist has blasted Rance for staging. However somehow , the tribunal cannot see that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will only penalise staging if the stagger wasnt touched like in soccer. Otherwise it's too hard to judge force.

Match Day Rnd 13 V Richmond. MCG. 13.45 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    They will only penalise staging if the stagger wasnt touched like in soccer. Otherwise it's too hard to judge force.
    In the practice of the MRP rule I think you are right. For example, Jarrad Waite was penalised (written reprimand) in 2014 for pretending he had been hit in the face when footage showed he had not. I think that was one of the very few times the penalty has been used since its introduction in 2010.
    Last edited by Meg; 20th June 2017 at 01:05 AM.