Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 13 V Richmond. MCG. 13.45 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Yes lets all blame the umpires for being 25 pts down at half time. It had nothing to do with them kicking beautifully inside 50 to loose players and us kicking to 3 on 1 contests...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Obviously Richmond have been playing well and the Swans not so much, but soft downfield frees that cost goals also contribute to the deficit.

It's way beyond the officials

I'm not even bothered by that

Horse talks about sticking to what u can control

The coaching department last week provided a fantastic blend of constested and uncontested structures and licence to adjust

This week the tigers are showing us the perfect blend

They have evolved so much in their last couple options and their varied transitions

Have we evolved ? No

Has our game strategy dissolved? Yes !!!

Has ou opposition evolved ? Massively

Don't get wrong i still think we can win this we just have to adjust and get the game on our terms by employing the variety we displayed last week in controlling the game via uncontested and then foot to the floor with contested !!!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Yes lets all blame the umpires for being 25 pts down at half time. It had nothing to do with them kicking beautifully inside 50 to loose players and us kicking to 3 on 1 contests...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    We also seem to have 3 players going up in defence in a marking situation, leaving us exposed. The disallowed goal or the missed 50 for ball stripoing early would have prevented us from playing catch up, but until the last 15 minutes the tigers have had higher intensity.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Hope the guys impersonating Joey and Hanners in the first half go away and the real guys turn up !! We win if they do

Great decision dropping Melican for Rohan. Such a good backman young Gary

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    That was the SOFTEST downfield free I have EVER seen! Disgraceful!
    Not the first time that has happened. Remember the Grundy one against the Hawks? Should not be downfield unless it is something serious, not for a little push.

Umpiring isn't the reason we are losing but it doesn't help when a free is paid to them practically every marking contest.

Did Buddy connect with the Richmond players head? I haven't seen a replay at the ground.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    We also seem to have 3 players going up in defence in a marking situation, leaving us exposed. The disallowed goal or the missed 50 for ball stripoing early would have prevented us from playing catch up, but until the last 15 minutes the tigers have had higher intensity.
    The men going up spoiling each other has been a speciality of us for years, but weve taken it to a whole new level of frustration this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    The two decisions you described were genuine howlers - the umpiring equivalent of dropping a chest mark in the goal square. But you're certainly correct that there is one team going much harder than the other, and sadly it ain't our boys. Certainly looks like we haven't prepared for this Richmond approach properly, which seems very strange indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Great decision dropping Melican for Rohan. Such a good backman young Gary
    The Rohan project is done. I don't know why we persevere

Veterans List
    Comprehensively outplayed, far too many loose Richmond players as they go forward. Lucky to only be 4 goals down as Richmond missed a few they should have kicked.

Will need to be some turnaround to get up from here but season on the line!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The men going up spoiling each other has been a speciality of us for years, but weve taken it to a whole new level of frustration this year.
    Ain't that the case? We're now doing at ground level too - how many times today have you seen Swans players fighting each other ferociously for the hard ball only for it to come out neatly to a Richmond player standing metres in the clear? Bizarre.

Opti-pessi-misti
    We just crumble under pressure. Nothing has changed since the GF. So many players either not playing with composure or not getting near the ball or coughing it up when they do get it.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast