Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Halfway Mark

The Halfway Mark

We're halfway through the season now.

Looking at the ladder prediction thread, one person saw Syd Uni finishing higher than 5th (at 4th) here.

This is turning out to be a very interesting season with many predicting that north shore, st george or east coast/penno would easily dominate the league. We've seen teams like Manly defeat St George one week and get thrashed the next. And the difference between 7 teams being only 2 wins.

So, how do you see the season panning out?

Pretty simple really - if the spate of injuries that SU claim always strikes them never happens to eventuate, and they can keep selecting players from a higher graded comp as they wish, they will just finish on top (I see they had some bloke named Bottin-Noonan slip into their Prems team for his 3rd game of the year ... NOT a NEAFL player).

Of the other teams - anyone could make up the remainder for finals, and in any order, in what should have been a very interesting comp!

It's great isn't it?

Other than Sydney Uni it's a very even comp. They will finish on top - no question about that.

If they do win the flag it will be a hollow win with an astresisk. If someone else gets them though, it will an epic feat - so looking forward to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    It's great isn't it?
    Other than Sydney Uni it's a very even comp. They will finish on top - no question about that.
    If they do win the flag it will be a hollow win with an astresisk. If someone else gets them though, it will an epic feat - so looking forward to that!!
    Agree with the sentiment in your post Bomber.... its a pity as last year I wanted Sydney Uni to win the NEAFL as IMO they represented Sydney local footy, this year I hope they get knocked out of the NEAFL finals in straight sets. Its what happens when you shxt in your own nest.

I think Uni will be gunning for a NEAFL flag. The swans are very strong, but they have to reduce the listed players to 16 in the finals.

For Manly, they could be stronger if they had James Brain and Lachie Kilpatrick from Uni Neafl, Plus Wicks, Rogers and Osborne who are playing swans neafl. I guess all the sides have similar challenges though!

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    It's great isn't it?

I think thats will make it interesting, the hunter vs the hunted. Think about when east coast first removed from NEAFL and nobody could stop them, until pennant hills showed up GF day and we all rejoiced. Despite Syd Uni still being in neafl, they are very much a similar side right now.

So if we had remained a punching bag in Prem Div you'd be okay with us? Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Agree with the sentiment in your post Bomber.... its a pity as last year I wanted Sydney Uni to win the NEAFL as IMO they represented Sydney local footy, this year I hope they get knocked out of the NEAFL finals in straight sets. Its what happens when you shxt in your own nest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    So if we had remained a punching bag in Prem Div you'd be okay with us? Fair enough.
    Maybe a balance between the two would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    That's just silly, nobody feels that way.

Shouldn't have a NEAFL club playing in Premier Division at all ... doesn't happen anywhere else.

Late clearance of Brad plug from Balmain to North Shore, that pretty much ties the Tigers to the bottom of the ladder in Div 1 and possible relegation to Div 2 you'd think.

Can't say the bloke hasn't been loyal to Balmain though. Played against him last year in Div 3 late in the year. Asked him why he was playing Z grade after he nearly took mark of the century on me in the goal square. He just had surgery on his wrist that week and was helping out the ressies due to low numbers.

Very handy pick up for North Shore, he has been very loyal to them and he should of been playing Prems for years, from memory he was a rep player when playing lower divisions

Warming the Bench
    You have to spare a thought for all those loyal north shore players who were there before this influx of bandwagon jumpers hunting for cash ..... you cannot keep them all happy I'm sure there are plenty of players in their div 2 team and 19s that were promised Premier Division games at the start of year who have barely touch the surface.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast