Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Essendon

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Melican and Florent for Marsh and Jones

Emg Foote Edwards Marsh

Dawson injured?
    Ressies are curtain raiser for tomorrow night, strange about Dawson who should have been emergency at a minimum. Assume Edwards will play ressies to get the run.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Never ever encourage a fringe player to play a blinder. Will spew if A. McKernan plays a blinder B. McVeigh is selected
    I know, if he plays a blinder, I think I have a fair idea who will be wearing the blame.

I feel for Dawson. Look forward to hearing what the matter (if any) is. I hope there is an explanation.

Veterans List
    Happy enough with those changes and while I'd like to see Dawson rewarded for his reserves form, I like Florent. Towers has dodged a bullet but I suspect his pace is keeping him in. He will want to be better than last week though!

Just out of interest

What role and match up would everyone go for if u picked Dawson ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Aliir didn't train today and won't play NEAFL

Whether McVeigh pulls up well from training will determine whether he plays NEAFL

Regular in the Side
    They have Bellchambers. McKernan, Daniher and Stewart named and we have Grundy, Melican and ... Looks like our resting ruckman will be playing in defence otherwise we will be streeeetched. Match ups don't look great.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rampe's been playing tall for more than a few years now. We will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Happy enough with those changes and while I'd like to see Dawson rewarded for his reserves form, I like Florent. Towers has dodged a bullet but I suspect his pace is keeping him in. He will want to be better than last week though!
    Agreed.

Dawson should get a chance during the run in, both him and Olly have been playing well in the twos. It would be good for Olly to really stamp himself on the match and make it hard to be dropped.

Looking forward to seeing Dawson in the twos tomorrow afternoon.

Feel sorry for Marsh but you just feel him and Towers will be in-out throughout their careers.

Really glad McVeigh didn't just waltz back into the seniors, hope he plays NEAFL though

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    They have Bellchambers. McKernan, Daniher and Stewart named and we have Grundy, Melican and ... Looks like our resting ruckman will be playing in defence otherwise we will be streeeetched. Match ups don't look great.
    At most they will have three talls in their fwd line at any one time but if they do they will be caught out on the rebound. You could name Reid, Buddy, Naismith and Sinclair by the same method for us.

Don't think match ups will be a worry providing we are better organised than early game last week.

McVeigh needs a couple of quality NEAFL runs as a minimum before senior selection.

Happy to see re-signed Florent in again, he looks a talent, just needs to have more impact.

Towers has been saved by the need to make two changes already, if he's not prominent this week he'll make way for Jones next week. I don't see Towers or Marsh as best 22 either now or in the future, depth players.

Veterans List
    Once again; Marsh very unlucky. Would love to know what he did wrong last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Once again; Marsh very unlucky. Would love to know what he did wrong last week.
    Not much I'd say, Marsh being dropped more a structural decision to allow an extra tall