Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Essendon

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Had a look at Crows BF board, yes the sky has fallen in, lots of "we're soft as, just flat track bullies" and "Pyke has to go" stuff, even Crows darling Eddie Betts copped it. Almost as good a read as the Richmond BF board after a bad loss, but no one eats their own as well as the Tigers do!!
    They've had 35 years of mediocrity. Since Richmond last made a Grand Final in 1982, it took them until 2013 (31 seasons) to make the finals the same number of times as Fitzroy did over the same period. Fitzroy merged with the Brisbane Bears 21 years ago. They have only made the finals five times since 1982. They have only won two finals since 1982 and last won a final in 2001. They have lost seven finals in that time, including losses by 57, 70, 68 and 89 points.

I remember going to Richmond games and getting great amusement from such things as Richo missing goals from set shots at the top of the goal square.

Richmond's 2003 season was a standout in mediocrity. Richmond were sitting 3rd on the ladder after round 8 with a 6-2 record and the Tigers fans were confident of appearing in the finals. Richmond only won one more game for the rest of the year, a 10-goal win over the bottom side, and they finished 13th.

No wonder Richmond supporters are so feral against their own. They've had 35 years of crap.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Had a look at Crows BF board, yes the sky has fallen in, lots of "we're soft as, just flat track bullies" and "Pyke has to go" stuff, even Crows darling Eddie Betts copped it. Almost as good a read as the Richmond BF board after a bad loss, but no one eats their own as well as the Tigers do!!
    Yes, Richmond autopsies are an interesting spectacle. It's like the forensic staff are equipped with machetes and most of them have crystal meth additions. Lots of demented hacking and gore, but not much method. The Port Adelaide autopsies are pretty entertaining, as well. Strangely, I've never ventured to the Collingwood board.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Strangely, I've never ventured to the Collingwood board.
    Very similar but not quite as articulate....

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Poor old Collingwood for they've for-
    gotten how to play the game ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Two words that should never be in the same paragraph, Collingwood and articulate!

I know all teams have some feralish supporters but its scary when the cameras pan to cheer squad areas of teams like Collingwood and Richmond, some seriously (I'll tone this down) unattractive and demented looking individuals in their colours and don't they foam at the mouth.

Anyway, back to winning an 8 point game ....

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Since they have a reasonable chance of losing to Port, I might have a look on the weekend. Though it might be hard not to set up a troll account.
    'We shuld get rid of the moreron Buckley. HIS JUST SO @@@@ING INCOMPITANT!!!'

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516