Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Essendon

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Melican for Marsh
    Dawson for Towers although I'm happy for Towers to stay.
    I'd like to see these changes. We need the extra tall against Essendon. People might say it's unlucky for Towers to get dropped but Dawson needs to come in for someone and if not Towers then who? The only other I'm thinking is Rohan but historically he'll stay in.

Buddy's report is nothing, didn't even get him high. No fine no weeks off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's Dawson for Towers. Doesn't get enough of it n for someone that has a lot of pace he didn't use it especially at the mcg. Dawson adds a bit in that he can also add a bit to the forward structure. Which if need be releases Reid to play down back if their forwards get on a role n that's why I'm up in the air about Melican for Marsh, Marsh played well yesterday with composure at times. I'd like to drop Sinclair but I don't think Longmire will. Adds absolutely nothing as a ruck/forward.

Predicting no change.

It's our game plan that the problem, not the players.

Not every player in a team is going to get high stats - I am more than happy for the Swans to leave room for match winners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    Out: Sinclair, Towers, Marsh
    In: Tippett, Melican, Dawson
    100% with Marsh the only one unlucky

Rohan to play fwd or not al all
    What did Alir do to his knee?

I'm inclined to agree with this. I feel Towers a bit stiff: one quiet game after a few decent weeks and he's out but I would rather see what Dawson has to offer. Melican for his extra height. With Tippo it depends on how he performed in the 2s. He needs to really demand a recall. Sinclair is a bit like Towers in that he had a quieter performance after a few decent weeks and will be stiff to be dropped but we all sense it's likely to happen sooner or later anyway.

If Buddy is suspended then Dawson for Buddy instead of Towers. I don't think Buddy will be or should be suspended. From what I saw it didn't look like contact to the head. However it did look like Buddy was recklessly, if not intentionally, throwing his body around. I fear this could be used against him but I don't think it should be because it is entirely within the rules to use your body and to bump provided he doesn't make head high contact.

Senior Player
    I too think that Dawson needs a run as he's been tearing up the twos.

I would keep the changes as minimal as possible though and only make the two changes.

Bring in Dawson for Rohan. I think we should still persist with towers as he has been solid and often playing more midfield than he has in the past. Certainly has been more involved than Rohan has. I love Gazza but just give him a few games in the ressies and let's see what Dawson can do with a few senior games. It's done wonders for Newman who looks completely at home now.

I would also bring in Melican for Marsh just based on matchups with Essendon.

Summary:
    IN Dawson Melican
    OUT Rohan Marsh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    All the replays of the incidents that I have seen he will be fine. He didn't bump him in the head and the "punches" seemed to be open handed. Am watching a replay of the game at the moment so I can check properly.

Hopefully he is cleared because he loves playing against the bombers!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    I hope you are sitting on the MRP tomorrow

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I hope you are sitting on the MRP tomorrow

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Menadue quoted today saying shoulder not head. Case closed.
    Towers had 6 touches (2 of which were clangers in setting up Papleys goal), and 1 tackle in 2 hours.. he's cooked.

Senior Player
    Just watched the replay and Paps looked quite proppy on his left leg. Hope he's not going to miss next week after such a good game.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Just watched the replay and Paps looked quite proppy on his left leg. Hope he's not going to miss next week after such a good game.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    If you base whether they are injured or not from how they look at the end of the game, half the team would be dropped. Every week Hanners walks of with a noticeable limp.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

For crying out loud, what has Tippo done over the past few weeks to deserve a call up? What, stay injury free?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast