Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 187

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Essendon

  1. #25
    The coaching staff clearly got the Melican decision right as there was no obvious match up for him. If we assume Grundy plays on Daniher, who's their second tall? I don't know the Bombers team well enough to know them all but I would imagine that Melican will come back in if their forward line requires it.

    My feeling is that Franklin will be ok, but it's hard to predict. It was good of Menadue to speak up in his defence though.

    Rohan is safe, particular while Cunningham is out. We need his speed and defensive pressure, whether he's playing forward or back (I prefer him forward but I'm sure the coaches have their reasons). Dawson must be getting very close but I think we'll be reluctant to make many more changes than is necessary.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  2. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The coaching staff clearly got the Melican decision right as there was no obvious match up for him. If we assume Grundy plays on Daniher, who's their second tall? I don't know the Bombers team well enough to know them all but I would imagine that Melican will come back in if their forward line requires it.

    My feeling is that Franklin will be ok, but it's hard to predict. It was good of Menadue to speak up in his defence though.

    Rohan is safe, particular while Cunningham is out. We need his speed and defensive pressure, whether he's playing forward or back (I prefer him forward but I'm sure the coaches have their reasons). Dawson must be getting very close but I think we'll be reluctant to make many more changes than is necessary.
    Hooker, Daniher & Stewart. They have a lot of height in the forward half

  3. #27
    Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mid North Coast
    Posts
    833
    The Bombers have a solid forward set-up. 3 talls & 3 fast smalls. Daniher roams around, Hooker stays home and the pack mark player, Stewart does the hitting up forward stuff, Fantasio (for Smooch), Green and Tippy sneaking over the back or into space. Howlett also plays forward a lot.

    Also a few great matchups - Heeney vs McGrath, Franklin vs Hurley, Hartley vs Reid. The Bombers seem to have plenty of speed so another challenge for the coaches to clog up the fast ball movement and not leaking 5 or 6 goals in the first quarter.

    There are no easy games.

  4. #28
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,489
    Tough as it might be to drop anyone from a team that has won five from the last six games (against some decent opposition), at some stage consistent strong performance in the NEAFL side has to be recognised and rewarded. The team's injury rate has been pretty low over the last month and a half, meaning that senior positions haven't opened up in the way they normally do, but if the club is to develop its depth and keep the reserves players motivated, an opportunity surely needs to be found soon for Dawson.

    Edwards, too, has put in a pretty strong season and his recent elevation suggests the coaching staff think he's capable of contributing at senior level.

  5. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    For crying out loud, what has Tippo done over the past few weeks to deserve a call up? What, stay injury free?
    How would we know without being aware of what the coaches have asked him to improve and watching the last two NEAFL games? On the plus side, Sinclair is playing as well as he ever has, not that it's amazing, but it's OK.

  6. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    If you base whether they are injured or not from how they look at the end of the game, half the team would be dropped. Every week Hanners walks of with a noticeable limp.
    In a typical Hannebery game he will get completely wiped out and look like he's been in a car crash. Then he will get up, shake himself off and keep on playing. Exceptionally well. This is not an invariable rule but the amount of punishment his body bounces back from is unbelievable. And whereas with some players it just seems to bounce off them in Hanners case he often looks like he's been hit by a wrecking ball, exacerbated by the strapped shoulders, the limping, the wincing etc. Then he sticks out his tongue and he's back at it.

  7. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    How would we know without being aware of what the coaches have asked him to improve and watching the last two NEAFL games? On the plus side, Sinclair is playing as well as he ever has, not that it's amazing, but it's OK.
    I think Sinclair hasn't done enough to keep Tippett out as opposed to what has Tippett done
    Ressies have won by 260pts in 2 weeks hard to really standout in that crap

    Sinclair doing everything except for holding marks and kicking goals, he kicks 1-2 goals a game he stays in.
    The irony of this is ex-swan Nankervis took the marks but missed the goals, reckon they had us if he kicked either of those goals

    I did love Sinclairs tackle late in the game

  8. #32
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    3,350
    Got to reward NEAFL form so Dawson must be given a run this week. The obvious out is the weakest link from Saturday who basically did nothing, Towers.

    Towers whilst he has improve d a little this year is never going to be best 22 but Dawson probably can be bringing a good set of assets. Dawsopn looked a little overawed in nhis debut game and was thrust into a side that wasn't playing well. This weekend Dawson is in even stonger NEAFL form and will be playing with a senior side that is now playing strong footy.

    Round 13 coming up, Dawson needs to be given a run of games to show his undoubted talent at senior level. I'll be very annoyed if this swap isn't made this week, Towers doesn't have runs on the board and was all but invisible Saturday.

    Sinclair would be unlucky to lose his spot to Tippett, would like Sinkers to stick marks better but is playing as well as we've seen him, certainly has a red hot go.

  9. #33
    Just wild about Harry
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,821
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I think Sinclair hasn't done enough to keep Tippett out as opposed to what has Tippett done
    Ressies have won by 260pts in 2 weeks hard to really standout in that crap

    Sinclair doing everything except for holding marks and kicking goals, he kicks 1-2 goals a game he stays in.
    The irony of this is ex-swan Nankervis took the marks but missed the goals, reckon they had us if he kicked either of those goals

    I did love Sinclairs tackle late in the game
    Chatting to a Tiger supporter today who was there at the game. He said that he was really impressed with Sinclair's ruck work and his natural leap meant that he got first hand to the ball nearly every time. Food for thought.

  10. #34
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Terrigal (SCG - Bay 32)
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Chatting to a Tiger supporter today who was there at the game. He said that he was really impressed with Sinclair's ruck work and his natural leap meant that he got first hand to the ball nearly every time. Food for thought.
    Not hard to look good with natural leap against Nankervis and Grigg.
    C'mon Chels!

  11. #35
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    If you base whether they are injured or not from how they look at the end of the game, half the team would be dropped. Every week Hanners walks of with a noticeable limp.
    I don't know whether you have seen it but it definitely very noticable and pronounced (pronounced LIMP, L.I.M.P) and was accompanied by some obvious wincing in pain.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

  12. #36
    There goes that, Tippett not available

    Swans big man to miss another week with injury - AFL.com.au

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO