Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Essendon

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Robinson just played his first game back from his jaw injury, which happened two games into his comeback from his earlier shoulder problem. I don't think he'll be considered for seniors for a few weeks yet.

Senior Player
    Changed my changes now with the jones suspension

Out: Towers Jones
    In: Dawson Melican

Veteran Site Admin
    I wonder if the Jones suspension might open the way for Edwards to play. He's probably the closest thing in the NEAFL side to a line breaker (ala Jones).

Hopefully Jones learns from his suspension !! its ok to play tough be gee he does do some silly things in trying have a physical presence - you cant get away with cheap shots these days without letting your team down = we will miss his pace against the bombers

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I wonder if the Jones suspension might open the way for Edwards to play. He's probably the closest thing in the NEAFL side to a line breaker (ala Jones).
    Is Edwards quick? McVeigh may be the one thst comes in

Out : Towers, Jones

In : Dawson, McVeigh
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    Yep, Edwards is pretty quick, but he also plays in a "high energy" fashion.

I'll be disappointed if McVeigh comes straight into the team, given how long he's been out and how many reserves players are in good form. Especially if he gets the nod over Dawson (who I'd have in ahead of Edwards, but there may be room for both).

Melican is a good chance to return also, probably at the expense of Marsh. Marsh has been fine but the extra height will be needed against the Bombers.

How did rance get let off for staging? If that's not staging, what is?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone see the incident?

Dawson for Jones. I would rather see Dawson rewarded for his form than go back to Florent just yet. It's always exciting to see a debutant but I think Dawson has done more to earn his spot than Edwards (who I agree is quick, and high energy). Conversely, Edwards is a bit more like for like compared with Jones than Dawson. I don't think this should matter too much.

Maybe Melican for Marsh due to height - neither really stood out in their most recent game. But nor did Talia or Maibaum. AA and AJ not even playing so not as much depth as we might hope in our KPD stocks at the moment. Another option would be to play Reid mostly down back and bring in McVeigh for Marsh. I am agnostic about whether McVeigh should play reserves. He is one player that probably doesn't need to except that last time he was allowed to vouch for his body's readiness and then it broke down again (although he performed serviceably and scored two valuable goals anyway). Also the player he would be replacing (Marsh) hasn't had a big impact either so we are not losing so much. Generally I favour rewarding form over reputation and for this reason would be equally happy to see him come back through the reserves. Finally, we are going much better now and don't seem to be in such desperate need of some senior experience to guide us.

Interesting to note I thought Rampe had an ordinary game against the Tiges but AFL Player ratings points said it was his best game of the season and he was in our top 10.

I think it will Liz. Probably as good a reason to upgrade than any. Can't see Robbo coming back in yet even though he played a really good match in the reserves, 26 disposals.

Melican, Edwards, Dawson

Jones, Towers (Deano needs to learn consistency), Marsh.

Senior Player
    Yep, Edwards is pretty quick, but he also plays in a "high energy" fashion.

I'll be disappointed if McVeigh comes straight into the team, given how long he's been out and how many reserves players are in good form. Especially if he gets the nod over Dawson (who I'd have in ahead of Edwards, but there may be room for both).

Melican is a good chance to return also, probably at the expense of Marsh. Marsh has been fine but the extra height will be needed against the Bombers.
    Edwards is a good shout. He's got a quick first few steps. Florent is also quick, but not yet a line-breaker. The main weakness of Edwards' game I've seen is kicking efficiency. I know Zak made a few errors on the weekend, but is generally a much improved ball user and probably better than Edwards in this regard.

I agree with Melican for Marsh, too.

Personally I can't see how Towers plays ahead of Dawson this week after a 6 possession game with several missed tackles. And reckon McVeigh needs at least one, preferably two, full NEAFL games before returning.

So,

OUT: Jones, Towers, Marsh
    IN: Edwards, Dawson, Melican

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast