Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Papley

Tom Papley

What a great story. Another Swans rookie success. Fierce at the contest and never takes a backward step. I love watching this kid play. A club legend in the making.

Senior Player
    He is becoming a great player. Exactly what the Swans needed, a small forward that can crumb. Imagine how good he'll be in a couple of years.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    He is becoming a great player. Exactly what the Swans needed, a small forward that can crumb. Imagine how good he'll be in a couple of years.
    His grandfather Max had enormous ability and didn't mind dishing it out as well.

He seemed to be everywhere including in defence yesterday. And did well where ever he went

Veterans List
    Just a great Swans family story and how well is he going given the limited preseason he had?

Looking like becoming a top 10 player for us, only fault is being a little too goal hungry and ignoring better options on occasions. Not sure how we fit him into the burgeoning midfield rotations but we do.

Been my favourite player since he stepped foot onto the scene last year. Taken it to new heights this year with midfield time. It's his enthusiasm with his pressure and tackling that makes him so exciting

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just a great Swans family story and how well is he going given the limited preseason he had?

Looking like becoming a top 10 player for us, only fault is being a little too goal hungry and ignoring better options on occasions. Not sure how we fit him into the burgeoning midfield rotations but we do.
    I don't mind him being a bit goal hungry. I want my small forward to be that way. If he gets too greedy the coaching staff and his teammates will let him know.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I don't mind him being a bit goal hungry. I want my small forward to be that way. If he gets too greedy the coaching staff and his teammates will let him know.
    +1
    sprite

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Can't help but think he's our version of Ballantyne.

Has real scumbag about him that endears himself to his own club but I'm sure he's hated by our opposition.

Plays footy like someone that would need to fall back on plumbing if it doesn't work out for him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    My favourite Swan for now. I think of him as our Jack Russell - brave, will go anywhere and take on anyone. And kicks goals!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

He probably hates plumbing .... wouldn't get a standing ovation by 50,000 for clearing a drain.

Goes up to 11
    Benny McWho?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast