Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can beat North?

Veterans List
    I think we can win today but it'll be our toughest game so far this season. I think we have a greater skill level than north but they always bottle us up. If the Swans all deliver then we'll win. If we drop off the pace as we've done the past 2 weeks we'll lose. But I expect they'll arrive for a hard game. I'd say the odds are 60:40 our way.

Senior Player
    I think we can win today too , but it hinges on BBB having an absolute blinder.
    Without Mick n Nick , we look a bit short on forward targets.
    Let Ball do most of the rucking and give Goodes a run in the forward line.
    I have total confidence in our defence doing yet another good job.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by midaro
    I fully expect us to get hurt tommorow - bad - c.50 pts.
    But we've got a hell of a lot of room for improvement.
    My bad.
    But I stand by the later.

Living in 2005

Re: Can beat North?

Originally posted by Steve
    I hope I'm wrong on this one but I'm feeling a bit pessimistic.

We are all glad you were wrong - I can't believe how we killed them!!

I fully expected a loss today. These type of wins are the best, but also make me to optimistic for the future...

Who would have thought that us V Melbourne next week would have been one of the matches of the round??!

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    One other thing I'd add, which I just thought of and is contrary to the above, is that the Swans often do the unexpected. Following them for a long time I have the impression that when we have a good team we often struggle against the weaker sides, really move up a notch against the better sides, and go to jelly in big matches. Our current team seems to have a bit more resilience than that these days, but there are still some semblances of it in our play, as we saw last week. On that basis, given that North are one of the better side this year, we may actually come out and play at the top of our game. Let's hope so!!
    Well, all my analysis was wrong and this last piece of typical Swans unexpectedness was correct.

I really thought the 'Roos would play better than that (and appeared so early in the game) and give us a really tough and close game.

Great effort by the guys. One of the key differences to some of the old Swans' behaviour though is that we are winning more on our down days, which augurs well for the season.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Well, all my analysis was wrong and this last piece of typical Swans unexpectedness was correct.

I really thought the 'Roos would play better than that (and appeared so early in the game) and give us a really tough and close game.

Great effort by the guys. One of the key differences to some of the old Swans' behaviour though is that we are winning more on our down days, which augurs well for the season.
    Can hardly say that today was a "down day", though
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Originally posted by sharpie
    Can hardly say that today was a "down day", though
    No no - we have down days against weaker teams, such as Geelong, however we are winning against them.

We have up days against the better sides, such as the 'Roos were expected to be.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    I know this is a bit North-centric, BUT Adam Simpson is an out and out champion for that club. He is the only bloke that delivered well and tried hard all day for North.

As for Grant, Boomer and Wellsy, who took them out of the game after quarter time? They got smashed and I bet they're still scratching their heads to some extent.

As for Stevo (Anthony), well he looked like the guy who is going to join Arch in that retirement castle come September.

Originally posted by TheHood
    IAs for Stevo (Anthony), well he looked like the guy who is going to join Arch in that retirement castle come September.
    That the castle where you need to cross a suspension bridge to get there? Should take him about 2 weeks to cross that bridge based off today's effort.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Re: Re: Can beat North?

Originally posted by Reggi
    You and DR J how do we stop you guys from going to games?

Both cursed.
    Thank Christ for the win - I was trying to come up with a way of telling you all I was already booked on another two trips this year.

I was sitting down the end North kicked to in the first quarter though which may explain the start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12