Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 14 Sydney V Essendon. SCG 19.50 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Reid had at least one OOB on the full, and Buddy had one other shot that didn't make the distance that Isaac turned into a brilliant pass. Was not a great night for our key forwards.
    Buddy wasn't following through properly especially with set shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Well done. I watched till the end and pleased I did. Thought it was the 2005 prelim actually! Nick Davis has mates now!
    There was a quick shot of Nick in the coach's box just after the game. He seemed almost overcome with emotion. Whether he had been caught in the rollercoaster of the game, or whether his mind was flooded with 2005, I don't know

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    MRP fined Parker and Rampe.

Anyone know what for?

But you know what ?? WE WON!!! as I keep saying here week in week out - we only have to win by 1 point!! Sure it strains your heart, you age 10 years each game and we need the percentage but how bloody good was that??
    And I now feel that if we can keep this up, we will be there in September!! (And I will have to have a serious talk with my extended family member who's wedding is on Grand final day !) this season is totally nuts - anything is possible!!

Sorry : off topic. Why does AFL 360 have the same coaches on every bloody week.
    It's so boring.
    Why don't they bring in a couple of different players each week .

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

Anyone know what for?
    Wearing a red & white jumper?

Interesting how Talking Footy tonight mostly ignored our game against Essendon. There was more discussion about media & their interaction with clubs (ie BT being snubbed by the Swans).

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

Anyone know what for?
    Luke Parker, Sydney Swans, has been charged with striking Mark Baguley, Essendon, during the first quarter of the Round 14 match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at the SCG on Friday June 23, 2017.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Essendon Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the body. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Dane Rampe, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling against Joe Daniher, Essendon, during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at the SCG on Friday June 23, 2017.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to a accept a $1000 sanction. .

Joe Daniher, Essendon, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling against Dane Rampe, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between Essendon and the Sydney Swans, played at the SCG on Friday June 23, 2017.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to a accept a $1000 sanction.
    --------------

Luke retaliated to Baguley with a forearm jab in a little push-and-shove off the ball . In the light of Schofield's suspension (West Coast) for a similar strike to Oliver (Melb) Luke is fortunate that his jab wasn't a little higher or that Baguley didn't fall to the ground (as did Oliver). I fully empathise with the urge to retaliate when provoked but so often it is the one that retaliates who gets the penalty.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    ... Luke retaliated to Baguley with a forearm jab in a little push-and-shove off the ball . In the light of Schofield's suspension (West Coast) for a similar strike to Oliver (Melb) Luke is fortunate that his jab wasn't a little higher or that Baguley didn't fall to the ground (as did Oliver). I fully empathise with the urge to retaliate when provoked but so often it is the one that retaliates who gets the penalty.
    Luke's forearm hit Baguley's throat/chin area. If it had been the palm of his hand to the chest, he would not be $1,000 out of pocket. Was surprised when it happened and not at all surprised when the MRP named him.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Luke's forearm hit Baguley's throat/chin area. If it had been the palm of his hand to the chest, he would not be $1,000 out of pocket. Was surprised when it happened and not at all surprised when the MRP named him.
    Yeah, having seen the vision, I am somewhat surprised that it was assessed as contact to the body. I thought he got him high (and might be in danger of missing a week).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yeah, having seen the vision, I am somewhat surprised that it was assessed as contact to the body. I thought he got him high (and might be in danger of missing a week).
    And I am surprised it was assessed as careless - it was off-the-ball not in play so it really could (should?) have been assessed as intentional.

I think Luke, the Swans and we have dodged a bullet. Hope Luke realises that. It was very out-of-character for Luke - but then I think so was Bachar's strike on Lamb when Bachar was pretty clearly trying to shake off Lamb when Lamb was holding on to him. Now Bachar is facing several weeks suspension. Players need to have very calm heads under a lot of pressure - not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think Luke, the Swans and we have dodged a bullet.
    We were very lucky. I am surprised that the media commentators on tonight's programs didn't highlight the comparison and discuss the lack of consistency with the Schofield ruling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk