Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Match Day Rnd 14 Sydney V Essendon. SCG 19.50 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I think the MRP process got it about right.
    What the? Two weeks for that? So you must think that Hall, Vickery, et al was rightly screwed over big time then?

I think the MRP process got it about right. We all should have just moved on.
    The issue is what effect the "references" had on the term of the suspension. Anyone else would have got 4 and so should he.

Way to keep a media frenzy going (or is that the desired outcome?). I hope this doesn't descend into an islamophobic social media event to rival the racist hounding Goodesy received a few years ago. It's already getting ugly online.

I think the MRP process got it about right. We all should have just moved on.
    His return game will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    What the? Two weeks for that? So you must think that Hall, Vickery, et al was rightly screwed over big time then?
    It's not as though it is the first time that there is disagreement on the severity of a penalty. The guy is clearly of good character and in reality it was closer to careless than intentional (i.e. to knock the guy senseless).

For what it's worth, I don't think this is in the same ball-park as Baz's hit on Staker. Not in terms of execution and not in terms of past form.

No more controversial than say ... Judd's chicken-winging (which I think got off lightly, others didn't). Or Barry Hall being allowed to play in the 2005 Grand Final, perhaps. We'll never get everybody to agree that a set penalty is spot-on.

Sorry to have kept this thread off-topic. I thought last Friday's game was terrific. Bloods never-say-die culture is alive and well. I am drooling at a future with Heeney, Mills, Papley, Hayward, Florent, Jones (fingers crossed), Naismith, Newman etc. Apart from those seven goals, I think Friday demonstrated that our middle 11 players are as good as any in the league.

With our list, which is in really good health, anything is possible from here.

It's not as though it is the first time that there is disagreement on the severity of a penalty. The guy is clearly of good character and in reality it was closer to careless than intentional (i.e. to knock the guy senseless).
    The interpretation between 'careless' and 'intentional' was the context in which I first commented in this thread (in retrospect unwisely). There are I think two separate threads now running specifically on the Houli decision - I suggest all future comments on this incident/topic are posted in one of those.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435