Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd 14 Sydney V Essendon. SCG 19.50 pm.

Match Day Rnd 14 Sydney V Essendon. SCG 19.50 pm.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Another 8 point game. The question is how long can we keep winning them? A win tonight will see us in 8th spot. Swans by 23. Go Swannies!

Warming the Bench
    If we don't win tonight we don't deserve to be in finals, Swans by 40.

I'm predicting this is the breakout game for Hayward, 4 goals and rising star nomination

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    If we don't win tonight we don't deserve to be in finals, Swans by 40.

I'm predicting this is the breakout game for Hayward, 4 goals and rising star nomination
    Yes, he is due for a nomination. Apart from his obvious skill set, one thing I like about his game is his forward pressure. He has an interesting way of applying pressure to two players at once. That is, if he's closing on one player and they're likely to get a handball away, then he anticipates who the likely target is, and often seems to arrive at around about the same time as the ball.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, he is due for a nomination. Apart from his obvious skill set, one thing I like about his game is his forward pressure. He has an interesting way of applying pressure to two players at once. That is, if he's closing on one player and they're likely to get a handball away, then he anticipates who the likely target is, and often seems to arrive at around about the same time as the ball.
    For such a small build he seems to be able to hold his own and keep his feet in contests, he'll be a star for sure

Maaaan

I am so pumped !!!!

I need to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yeah he feigns in defence

Awesome skill

The best defensive basketballers do this also

Offensive defence

Veterans List
    Hopefully we turn up for the first quarter! Essendon can build a lead very quickly and they don't give you a sniff.

Also I hope Plugger was at training helping out with goal kicking as we have been struggling in recent weeks.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Hopefully we turn up for the first quarter! Essendon can build a lead very quickly and they don't give you a sniff.

Also I hope Plugger was at training helping out with goal kicking as we have been struggling in recent weeks.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    I am also worried about the 1st quarter also. We don't have a good record with a six day break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We seem to have a habit of NOT playing man on man in Q1, getting hammered and then playing catchup.

There was a time (last year) when we were fast starters and we had the game sewn up by quarter time. I could hand a fast start by the Swannies tonight

Watching channel 7. The ground looks really cut up. Is that because of the ressies game?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Newman warming up with the midfield group and Rohan with the backs

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Newman warming up with the midfield group and Rohan with the backs

Hmmmm
    We need a direct line on game day with John Longmire plus veto powers at selection.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast