Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 13: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves @ SCG

Veterans List
    Pink is a KPF who is still only 18yo. KPF are the absolute hardest players to find/recruit/trade in and historically the last to actually grow into their roles.

I haven't seen Pink but ressie watchers have said enough positives about him so far to think that he will get another season as a rookie to see what improvement is there.

Fairly sure there are others in the delist queue before Pink. Better resurrect the Delist/Retirement thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Thanks for the eye witness reports. Good to hear re Dawson, Murray and Edwards in particular. How is Dawson in regard to speed? I'm just trying to work out why Florent and for that matter Hayward are picked ahead of him.
    Quick enough I'd say.

I'd say there is a split hair between him and Florent though I'd say Olly has more pace.

Hayward plays a different role I guess and has that x factor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pink is a KPF who is still only 18yo. KPF are the absolute hardest players to find/recruit/trade in and historically the last to actually grow into their roles.

I haven't seen Pink but ressie watchers have said enough positives about him so far to think that he will get another season as a rookie to see what improvement is there.

Fairly sure there are others in the delist queue before Pink. Better resurrect the Delist/Retirement thread.
    Fair enough, it was just a small comment on my summary (sheesh), I just didn't think he had much of a game OK?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Agree with above comments.

I saw the second half and was very impressed with Dawson, Murray and also Edwards - he has lots of pace, good mark and a huge kick.

Hopefully we can try and get some game time in the seniors for some of them soon.
    Edwards and Murray were busy too, but the only guy IMO knocking down the door for senior selection was Dawson

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

AA and AJ running water according to the website. Not the runners then?
    They were the runners ugg. others ran water, and Aliir did more of the running than AJ, who still looked a bit proppy. Didn't run as freely as Aliir.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: B. Ronke, J. Foote, S. Murray, B. Jack, J. Dawson, S. Wicks

Thanks for everything, ugg. Especially liked the detail about the death stare. The death stare didn't stop Ronke being listed first among the Bests however. Good for him! His second game.

MP, not offended by your opinions just have my own and sometimes they differ from yours. This is good. We can debate and I might learn something and change my mind (or vice versa; or not). I only saw the last quarter of last night's game but I have watched most of the reserves matches either live or via the stream.

Someone has noted that Horse hinted at recalling McVeigh in his presser so I may turn out to be wrong about Macca not playing seniors next week. I was relying on Horse's comments on team selection and the fact that McVeigh has struggled with injury all year and is close to retirement (I can't see him playing on next year).

p.s. Only mentioned the spelling because I've seen the 'Maubain' variant enough times to think it wasn't a typo. Call him what you like. I'm not related.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Good post. Every big forward including Blakey need years to development.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best Players: B. Ronke, J. Foote, S. Murray, B. Jack, J. Dawson, S. Wicks
    That's says to me next weeks senior side with be unchanged except for Jones.

Veterans List
    Has Ludwig got another one right. I recall him saying at draft time that he thought Ronke was a good pick up as he was expected to be taken in the main draft. He has been injured all season but it hasn't taken him long to get up to speed.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Very dangerous to make a call based on one game, whether it be good like Ronke or not so good like Pink.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Is that list of goal kickers correct? I thought I saw Laidler kick one and Dawson three.
    No, wicks also kicked one that was given to ronke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I'd say there is a split hair between him and Florent though I'd say Olly has more pace.

Hayward plays a different role I guess and has that x factor
    Not watching either game from the previous two weeks, I thought it was interesting to note that Dawson only had one tackle to his name last week, but encouraged to see he had nine this week. Perhaps, as he was recruited, and has mainly played, as a medium forward that he is still learning the inside/marking mid role and the coaches wanted to see him up his defensive pressure as he would be found out against the top-line mids in the comp. Has anyone take any time to notice his pressure acts?
    C'mon Chels!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast