Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: BT is intolerable

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It seems the swans still treat the media on their terms only. Which is fine if you are in a one team town.....
    We are a one team town! The other team just doesn't know it yet.
    & not allowing that buffoon BT act like a nuff nuff in our rooms after the game in not indicative of our relationship with the wider media community

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Unsure if this is relevant but is related.

Early Saturday on Fox 500 AFL News Neroli MEADOWS appeared to be somewhat disturbed with the result.

COONEY stated that he was angry and as sad as he had been since he was 5.

Then MEADOWS stated that the game was "rigged" and the that the Swans players were "acting like peanuts" because they were celebrating before ROHAN had kicked the goal.

Very weird on a early Saturday and appeared very different much later on either late Saturday or early Sunday and very restrained comments about the Swans win.

Was MEADOWS having a very bad day, or an extra large Eddie "hate Swans" Coolaid before the show. (I think MEADOWS stated she is a Docker fan)

MEADOWS is generally pretty good but has every commentator bought into the "swans hate" from Eddie and Foxsports. BT is different, he is an acolyte of Eddie and his link to the Magpies shows his colours and lack of brains.

Don't think that this is big enough for its own thread.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post

Early Saturday on Fox 500 AFL News Neroli MEADOWS appeared to be somewhat disturbed with the result.

Then MEADOWS stated that the game was "rigged" and the that the Swans players were "acting like peanuts" because they were celebrating before ROHAN had kicked the goal.

Very weird on a early Saturday and appeared very different much later on either late Saturday or early Sunday and very restrained comments about the Swans win.

Was MEADOWS having a very bad day, or an extra large Eddie "hate Swans" Coolaid before the show. (I think MEADOWS stated she is a Docker fan)

MEADOWS is generally pretty good but has every commentator bought into the "swans hate" from Eddie and Foxsports. BT is different, he is an acolyte of Eddie and his link to the Magpies shows his colours and lack of brains.

Personally, I'm a big Meadows fan, knows her sport and an excellent interviewer. Didn't see this incident.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post

Maybe my AFL brain isn't as big as her's but I would have thought that a kick after the siren from a mark in the goal square was a fairly good chance of being a goal and the team could let some of that adrenaline out in celebrations.

Of course Greg Stafford could have missed it but I didn't expect Gas would, nor did his teammates. So it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that the AFL rigged the result in our favour - Goddard did that. Thanks mate.

I did notice on the replay that while Ranga was lining up for goal, one of the essenscum players had just dropped down on one knee.
    The umpire ran over to him motioning for him to get up.
    What's that all about? There was 18 seconds to go and we were kicking a goal from the top of the square.
    The umpires do my head in.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I did notice on the replay that while Ranga was lining up for goal, one of the essenscum players had just dropped down on one knee.
    What's that all about? There was 18 seconds to go and we were kicking a goal from the top of the square.
    He must have been in the illegal zone, that's what I made of it .

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    In the protected zone. Fair enough for him to. I think a fair few would have done the same thing if up by that far with minutes to go n you lose on the siren knowing you had just lost 8th spot.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    He must have been in the illegal zone, that's what I made of it .
    Nice to have a warning instead of giving Gaz two goes. I'd like some of that!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    At least he was still adamant we could win even after Hurley's final goal.

Veterans List
    First BT calls us boring and then Neroli says we acted like peanuts. We can't win!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    At least he was still adamant we could win even after Hurley's final goal.
    I must be the only one on ere that doesn't mind BT at all . He adds to the theatre of it.
    I mean try listening to NRL commentators , they are as bland as Bat$&@" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    First BT calls us boring and then Neroli says we acted like peanuts. We can't win!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    The quicker the media gets dragged into 2017 the better. The majority of people reporting and commentating on the game have come from 1995 and back. When it was thought non Victorian sides should just be thankful they are part of the great expanded VFL and should expect their young up n coming players to want to come to the home of the big V. It's why McGuire n co are so worried n stick the knife into the northern clubs the best they can because once the last bastion of the VFL is changed they lose their mouthpiece n also their stranglehold of the game.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast