Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BT is intolerable

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    An added motivation to beat Melbourne? - as he only makes a pest of himself in the winning team's rooms.
    Can you imagine what he'll be like if the Dees knock us off and give him free access in their rooms? He'd be too immature to not have another go at us!

Regular in the Side
    maybe we should line up all the different colour powerade bottles behind him and different lengths of grass in front of him

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    It's not just Sydney supporters. I think you'll find the majority of followers of the game dislike a lot of ch7 commentators. Read the comments section

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    The article contains a yes/no poll for readers, asking if you were disappointed there was no Roamin Brian segment on Friday. Currently running at a resounding 62% not disappointed. Cop that Brian (and barry).

The article includes the mustachoied nuff nuff saying:�Buddy has been kind enough to give us a couple of minutes as you just saw, but that is it from the Sydney Swans � no-one else, they can�t answer the questions like �how do you think you went today? How did you pull up? Gee, how do you think the young guys went?�

�None of those questions for Sydney, far too hard, don�t want the eight or nine minutes exposure for their sponsors."

Frankly, if that's the calibre of questions then we learn absolutely nothing from the segment anyway. A pointless waste of time that is about, and really only about, placating one man's bloated, voracious and ever-demanding ego. Somehow I'm not buying that altruistic and magnanimous Brian is primarily concerned about the Swans' sponsors getting full value for their dollar. And if he actually cared about Swans fans he wouldn't say about 97% of the crap that he does.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    The article contains a yes/no poll for readers, asking if you were disappointed there was no Roamin Brian segment on Friday. Currently running at a resounding 62% not disappointed. Cop that Brian (and barry).

The article includes the mustachoied nuff nuff saying:�Buddy has been kind enough to give us a couple of minutes as you just saw, but that is it from the Sydney Swans � no-one else, they can�t answer the questions like �how do you think you went today? How did you pull up? Gee, how do you think the young guys went?�

�None of those questions for Sydney, far too hard, don�t want the eight or nine minutes exposure for their sponsors."

Frankly, if that's the calibre of questions then we learn absolutely nothing from the segment anyway. A pointless waste of time that is about, and really only about, placating one man's bloated, voracious and ever-demanding ego. Somehow I'm not buying that altruistic and magnanimous Brian is primarily concerned about the Swans' sponsors getting full value for their dollar. And if he actually cared about Swans fans he wouldn't say about 97% of the crap that he does.
    Perhaps the club should adopt a public position along the lines of: well, we don't really mind Channel 7 doing their thing in the rooms after the game, but we'd just prefer it if the person asking the questions wasn't a dickhead, as we've had a long standing policy of "no dickheads". As a solution, is it possible that Daisy asks the questions?
    Seems a perfectly reasonable compromise to me.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post

So spot on!
    Brian Taylor should watch the after match interview of Jake Lloyd on Swans TV.
    Lloyd post match - Rd 14, 2017 - sydneyswans.com.au
    First thing you notice is the questions are vastly superior to what Taylor would ask. And they're asked by someone who knows so much more about the Swans than Taylor does.
    Secondly, during the Lloyd interview, you see Gary Rohan in the background being prepared for an interview with Fox Footy. Rohan is prepped with an ear piece and microphone by a Fox employee who treats Gary with respect and shares a joke with him. After being prepped, Rohan has to wait until they cross to him. He is still waiting patiently when the interview with Lloyd ceases.
    Our players were available to talk to and would treat any media representative with respect. It would be nice to think that when approaching our club for contact, the media reps would show us the same courtesy.
    Regarding our sponsors' value for money, they obviously got it on Friday night when Fox - not Channel 7 - spoke to the guy who kicked the winning goal. And with our record over the last 15 years, I'd imagine our sponsors are fairly happy with the exposure they've received.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 25th June 2017 at 01:13 PM.

In regards to sponsors it's not Sydney sponsors that miss out its ch7 sponsors every single week that miss out. I watch Foxtel but if the roaming interview was professionally done with good questions I'd switch over at the end of the game to watch it but with BT performing what is basically 1990's footy show comedy I have no interest in it. That type of comedy routine is dying just like the footy show

On the Rookie List
    Our famed "no @@@@@head" policy obviously extends to commentators too!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    BT was on Triple M today promulgating the theory that the Swans doctored the SCG by letting the grass grow long and watering the pitch before the NEAFL game. The idea being that it would blunt Essendon's speed advantage. However he didn't reveal the source of his information, saying it was off the record (?)
    Shame on the swans! Obviously someone from our club ducked out and watered the ground at the NRL match that was playing at the same time, too. Players were slipping there as well.
    Still, BT has the microphone so I know what all of my workmates here in Melbourne will be thinking. It will be COLA and academies all over again...

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    BT is spewing. Whingeing that he missed the scoop that Reg loves blue Gatorade and that JPK doesn't like pretzels. The AFL community is outraged.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    True but he's no worse than the other Vctorian commentators. Darcy and Ling are the most biased going around. Both of them utterly despise us and Brisbane.
    I agree- Ling tries to hide it but Darcy, specially on Talking Footy, always changes the topic if someone else brings up the Swans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    No footy on Channel 7 in Sydney tonight! I thought they were trying to grow the game? Melbourne v West Coast just about to start - a worthy top 8 clash. Why isn't it on tv??
    Think it's because they did the Thursday night game and they're only required to broadcast four...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you but what's this "required to broadcast"? Don't they pay enormous amounts for the right to broadcast because it rates? Surely with the amount they are paying they can have all the content they want? I would have thought this but clearly I'm wrong because you're explanation makes sense. Also, the 'broadcast deal' - is that with Channel 7 or Foxtel or both? Maybe Foxtel has the greater rights and Ch7 only gets a minimum amount (which is protected to some extent by anti-siphoning laws)?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast