Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 15 V Melbourne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My guess
    IN: Jones, McVeigh, Aliir
    Out:Towers, Hayward, Melican
    I don't think they will leave Hayward out. He has done really well the last 2 weeks.
    I image poor Ollie will go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The FLOW
    Up in the O'Reilly Stand we've been calling him 'O-Flo'

I wish McVeigh has his own thread like Tippett has. It would go into meltdown if he's selected.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I don't think they will leave Hayward out. He has done really well the last 2 weeks.
    I image poor Ollie will go again.
    Why will Ollie go? We only need to have the one in, Jones and a clear out for him is our weakest link of the last two weeks Towers.

Be surprised if it's more than that change, 6.25pm tonight ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Why will Ollie go? We only need to have the one in, Jones and a clear out for him is our weakest link of the last two weeks Towers.

Be surprised if it's more than that change, 6.25pm tonight ...
    If McVeigh comes in, I think he would be next in line, rather than Hayward, as Aaron had.
    If McVeigh isn't include then you are probably on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I wish McVeigh has his own thread like Tippett has. It would go into meltdown if he's selected.
    Not as effective when it's just one person doing all the posting

It's going to be hard for the match committee this week, with the makeup of the Melbourne team hard to predict. With both Watts and Hogan out, and leg speed seen as an issue for the Swans, will Melbourne take the opportunity to go with a shorter, faster forward line? Or give Weideman a debut?

Will the Swans try and repeat the JJ tag with Hewett on Hunt?

The only two players I can see coming out of the current Swans side (other than Melican tactically) are Florent and Towers. Question is which one comes out first and whether they'll sacrifice Florent / Towers speed for McVeigh's experience / pointing skills. I suspect they will both give way. Could possibly see a Marsh for Melican swap happening too.

OUT: Florent, Towers, (Melican).
    IN: Jones, McVeigh, (Marsh).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The other thing that bugs me is the continual talk of the scg being such a small ground. Yes is it is a bit smaller than the mcg but the playing field is only about 5 or 6 metres shorter and it would be the closest in shape to the mcg of all the grounds. The others are longer and skinnier.

But the Melbourne media persists with the same myths about all things Swans related
    The Essendon supporters were complaining after the game that the SCG is the worst ground to play football on because it is too small and it allowed us to kick the 3 goals so easily. One of the radio hosts responded that the ground was ok when they kicked 7 goals in a row ????.

Jones to replace Florent or Melican is the obvious selection.

Talk of McVeigh replacing Towers when Towers has outplayed him in every game they have played together this year seems bizarre.
    We have shown in the last 7 rounds that we dont need his "leadership" (pointing).

In : Jones , McVeigh
    Out : Towers , Florent

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Not as effective when it's just one person doing all the posting
    C'mon Chels!

I'm not sure how much stock everyone puts into the training pictures of the simulated games from yesterday but it seemed like the players wearing yellow were all reserves while the red team were firsts.

Gallery: Demons await - sydneyswans.com.au

Towers was in yellow and Florent in red. Time will tell I guess.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast