Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 15 V Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Heard on sportsbet that we have been backed in from $2.05 to $1.78 favourite while the demons has gone from $1.80 to $2.05. What is going on there??? Who is putting the money on?
    Well, hopefully associates of Matt Stevic.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Oh no, Stevic!

How does Dawson not get made an emergency?
    Though, by the law of averages, Stevic is definitely due to give a free kick count, that's markedly in our favour. But then again, past behaviour is usually the best predictor of future behaviour.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Heard on sportsbet that we have been backed in from $2.05 to $1.78 favourite while the demons has gone from $1.80 to $2.05. What is going on there??? Who is putting the money on?
    Apart from injuries, the Dees have had three games with 6-day breaks I believe - and their last game was Perth. The odds are in our favour and the team just need to deliver.

Wasn't our first win this year the game Macca came back? Suddenly they looked like a team again. I hope it's the same tonight - with not drop of intensity in the middle of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Not the last 2 years. I cant remember a game that he did anything better then that Lloyd has been doing.

Forward only.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    If he delivers as much as Lloyd does I'll be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Hope not reid as back up for Naismith We need some marking strength on forward line. Would not have dropped Sincvlair but suppose Toweres will need to give the support particularly on Petersen
    We seem to loose when reid is back up, too much left to buddy
    Channelling the wisdom of Ludwig, I would actually like to see Towers in the ruck. We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Veterans List
    I hope Buddy gets his radar back tonight. That'd take a us a long way to a win. btw Hun photographer Wayne Lubley is retiring and nominates this as his favourite pic in 25 years. I remember that moment as the one I thought "geez Buddy's a star!" and now he's our star.
    Attachment 1941
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Hope not reid as back up for Naismith We need some marking strength on forward line. Would not have dropped Sincvlair but suppose Toweres will need to give the support particularly on Petersen
    We seem to loose when reid is back up, too much left to buddy
    100% Agree, we have looked ordinary every time Reid has gone into the ruck because of what it has left us up forward
    I like Reid going down back for the last few minutes of each qtr. but if he is in the ruck I can see Buddy in a 3 on 1 when we go long and forward
    Would have loved to have seen Alir in for Towers pinch hitting in the ruck

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    ... but if he is in the ruck I can see Buddy in a 3 on 1 when we go long and forward ...
    Which doesn't say much for our midfield if they kick it to Buddy in that situation. Hayward, Papley and which ever mid is forward need to be demanding the ball in that situation.

edit:

Whoops, didn't realise Hayward was out. Now I like Macca and am happy for him to have a run but I think we will actually miss young Will more than we think.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Now I like Macca and am happy for him to have a run but I think we will actually miss young Will more than we think.
    Agreed, hope he's back in next week

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Though, by the law of averages, Stevic is definitely due to give a free kick count, that's markedly in our favour. But then again, past behaviour is usually the best predictor of future behaviour.
    I doubt it. We got our years worth of positive umpiring in the Bulldogs match a few weeks ago. But don't worry, if the boys play with the same intensity as last week and kick straighter, we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    How many games did we win when we decided to play Reid in the ruck? Oh that's right NONE! Not his fault he isn't a ruckman. If Longmire is going down that path again he's a bigger bloody fool than I thought he was. Taking Reid out of the forward line cuts down the forward options and makes us one dimensional in the air and Buddy rarely clunks them. I hope he does go with Towers in the ruck although I would rather see Sinkas in there.
    Taking Reid out of the forward line!!!! What, after all those dropped marks, wayward kicks, missed tackles. Goodness. What could the coaches be thinking.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Taking Reid out of the forward line!!!! What, after all those dropped marks, wayward kicks, missed tackles. Goodness. What could the coaches be thinking.
    Eh? Reid is about the only Swans that can, um, regularly catch a contested ball. His kicking is better this year - except the past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Eh? Reid is about the only Swans that can, um, regularly catch a contested ball. His kicking is better this year - except the past few weeks.
    +1