Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 15 V Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Stats don't matter when you are pressuring and tackling.
    Unless you're discussing Rohan.... Then it's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Koala, there is nothing to be gained by death-riding our bottom-4,fringe players and blaming them for outcomes. They arent world beaters, and nobody should expect them to be. They get given specific roles and judged on those roles.

McVeigh would be an "interesting" selection, especially with Jones coming back in. In my opinion adding two smalls into the defense would be too disruptive.

Newman only gets a call up if Hayward is getting tired. Otherwise I think Newman will have to wait until we have a less critical game (eg against lions).
    I don't "death ride" any players.... That's rich coming from you, I'll leave the "death riding" to you and your views on McVeigh...

IMO Towers, particually based on his last 2 performances, should be dropped. Not death riding, just an opinion.

Did you go to the lovely ANZ stadium on Friday night just for old time sake.... I sure Newman wasn't playing there.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I don't "death ride" any players.... That's rich coming from you, I'll leave the "death riding" to you and your views on McVeigh...

IMO Towers, particually based on his last 2 performances, should be dropped. Not death riding, just an opinion.

Did you go to the lovely ANZ stadium on Friday night just for old time sake.... I sure Newman wasn't playing there.

On the Rookie List
    This will be the Dee's fourth consectutive six day turn around and they had to travel back from Perth. We have to pick a fit 22 and test their fitness over the four quarters. For me
    IN: Jones
    OUT: Towers
    One possible out could be Papley who has played sore the last fortnight. If he does not come up then Dawson gets a recall. McVeigh has to wait at least one more week.

I think it has to me more brutal then just one change
    They kicked something like 7 straight, we got out of jail.

Like the week before, just because we won we cant forget the period where we played terrible

Jones/Dawson in, Towers & Hayward out, go get a heap of it in the 2s
    Tippo for Sinclair if fit - As I said before, all the opportunity in the world to hold his spot
    Would like to see McVeigh play 100mins in the 2s and really test himself

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Unless you're discussing Rohan.... Then it's all that matters.
    Towers, Rohan and Mcveigh are different beasts.

Towers is a bottom 10 player. You need to manage your expectations with him. He will be in the bottom 10 of stats, and the coach will assign him a role which reflects his ability.

Rohan, however, should be a top 10 players, but seems stuck in the bottom 4. This is the most irritating thing about him, and it is my belief that its a confidence thing, that an extended run in the 2's would be better for him, and better for the swans when he comes back and plays 4 full quarters racking up 20 possessions.

McVeigh, well its not that i dislike the bloke, its the selection policy that gets him automatically in the team even though he's well past his best. We have lost numerous games from being too slow and too soft, and its no coincidence that he has both those abilities in spades. It is my opinion that the 2016 GF was lost at the selection table (not just McVeigh), and that is hard to forgive or forget.

Unlike some here, I do not view the Swans administration as above critique.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What is all this about Newman getting a call up and Marsh getting dropped, barry and Doctor? Which game were you watching? Can I presume you respectively mean Dawson and Melican?
    Ooops, I meant Dawson, not Newman.

Who will the demons have out? Sounds like Jones, Hogan are definite outs and Watts is probably out too. Would be great if Viney missed as well, but I think the Hawks game showed we can't rely on the opposition missing players to win is the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Who will the demons have out?
    Salem and Garlett will also be out with injury

McVeigh not ready if you look at the reserves game he looks a little out of touch needs another week or two in the reserves and with Cunningham coming back at the same time he would probably get in because of his speed. Cunningham was in good touch before he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    No one is suggesting that Towers would spend considerable time against Gawn. Instead, Naismith would go against Gawn and Towers against the second ruck of Melbourne. As stats have proven, dominant hit outs don't equate to dominant clearances.
    Naismith had 61% time on ground. Gawn had nearly 80%. When Naismith is capable of playing 80% we can probably look at one ruckman only.

Best chance against Demons. 6 day break, back from Perth, some guns missing.

If we cant beat then next week, no real point turning up for finals.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast