OUT:
    Towers - contributed nothing this week. Still lacks awareness and composure
    Jack - if he isn't fully fit then he makes way

Dinky little kicks when off balance.

Moulded soles - if conditions are slippery

IN
    Jones - replaces Jack
    < insert name here> - replaces Towers

Hitting targets, after getting balanced and who are free rather than in the middle of two opponents.

Self belief to kick a goal rather than looking for a pass

Long stops - depending on conditions
    sprite

I suspect towers is our tagger at least until Cunningham comes back.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Usually a tagger is close to his opponent, so I guess Tower's direct opponent last night was thin air.
    sprite

Ins: Kicking Boots
    Outs: whatever crap they were wearing last night.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Very simple this week - Out: Towers, In: Jones.

Dawson to be promoted at first opportunity to see how he goes, tearing it up every week at NEAFL level, very glad he signed on for another two years. Lead up forward with a booming laser left foot kick is just what we need in our forward line.

McVeigh will come back in at some stage but needs to prove fitness at NEAFL level for at least one more week. Suddenly we have a healthy list - nice :-)

Ressies are at Manuka next Saturday so any emergencies that are taken to the MCG for next Friday night's game can fly up Saturday morning for the game against Canberra.

Veterans List
    Longmire hinted in his presser that McVeigh will come back this week.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Reckon Cunningham will find it very difficult to get back in, other than Towers I don't see a vacancy.

Jones and Dawson
    Hayward and towers

Hayward got get a heap of possessions in the 2s
    Mcveigh play 100mins in the 2s

Tippett for sinclair if fit enough

Rohan was better in defence but a difference maker as a fwd

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Out: Football boots with chewy on them
    In: Accuracy in front of goals
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I would be quite happy for McVeigh to have another week in the twos but the changes I expect to be made are

IN: Jones and McVeigh
    OUT: Towers and Florent

I liked Florent last night but this is a development year for him and he'll never forget last night.

Bit harsh IMO suggesting we drop Jack as I think he is working his way back, I'd use him as our run with player if we need one.

Would love to find a spot for Dawson but suspect the way we are ticking along at the moment that he'll need to wait for an injury

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dawson to be promoted at first opportunity to see how he goes, tearing it up every week at NEAFL level, very glad he signed on for another two years. Lead up forward with a booming laser left foot kick is just what we need in our forward line.
    +1 his improvement is immense, he seems like the all-round package. Let's wait until he produces at AFL level but just quietly we may have another late draft nugget

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Tippett for sinclair if fit enough
    I tend to agree that Tippett at his best is better than Sinclair but I've been quite happy with Sinclair, he certainly is not letting us down.

Remembering that he wasn't fit this week, I'd give Tippett at least another week in the twos, really nothing but form will suffice now as I think his brownie points are all used up

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Out: Football boots with chewy on them
    In: Accuracy in front of goals
    That would be nice - and I think we'll need it against the Dees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I would be quite happy for McVeigh to have another week in the twos but the changes I expect to be made are

IN: Jones and McVeigh
    OUT: Towers and Florent

I liked Florent last night but this is a development year for him and he'll never forget last night.

Bit harsh IMO suggesting we drop Jack as I think he is working his way back, I'd use him as our run with player if we need one.

Would love to find a spot for Dawson but suspect the way we are ticking along at the moment that he'll need to wait for an injury

- - - Updated - - -

+1 his improvement is immense, he seems like the all-round package. Let's wait until he produces at AFL level but just quietly we may have another late draft nugget

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to agree that Tippett at his best is better than Sinclair but I've been quite happy with Sinclair, he certainly is not letting us down.

Remembering that he wasn't fit this week, I'd give Tippett at least another week in the twos, really nothing but form will suffice now as I think his brownie points are all used up
    I agree with all of this. I'd prefer McVeigh play out a full game in the twos, but suspect he'll be recalled. I think he's got an excellent footy brain, but it's the body that I question, which is why I'd prefer him to play in the twos a week or even longer. I similarly agree with Tippett / Sinclair. I don't mind Sinclair, reckon he gives us his best, and that even though Tippett's best is better than Sinclair's, it's better for the club if Tippett is given time in the twos to prove his fitness, find consistent form, and be convinced that we require more of him than he's given, particularly that he impact matches even when he's not playing at his best.

Despite my defence of Dean Towers, and not having replayed the game to take a second look, he didn't seem to do a lot last night; and despite my expressing my view that Gazza needs to impact games more, he's kicked the sealer in each of the last two games. I don't know Dawson well enough, and can only go by the enthusiasm RWOers have for him. Would he be a like-for-like replacement for Towers, and what are seen as his relative strengths and weaknesses?

Slightly off topic (but maybe it wouldn't have been considered so even a month ago), Nic Newman is hardly in danger of being dropped. What a ripper he is turning out to be! BTW There's a nice article about him in The Herald-Sun http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...5ea4495a465ff1.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast