Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: swans banner

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I think it is mainly because they don't want other teams to see which of our players are getting iced and where.
    Yeah, you're probably right, but: a man with a moustache, who has a petulant hissy fit, because he's not allowed in the men's change rooms? Could there possibly be another reason?

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right, but: a man with a moustache, who has a petulant hissy fit, because he's not allowed in the men's change rooms? Could there possibly be another reason?
    I like your thinking! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Deja, I'm a big fan of your posts and your humour but I find this one offensive and inappropriate. It has two offensive implications:

1. There is something wrong with being gay and, if you are, that might be a reason not to be allowed into the Swans change rooms.

2. Gay men are petulant and have hissy fits.

I don't think that's funny.

And, as the Pride match approaches, we wonder why no AFL player has ever yet come out as gay. Why would someone open themselves to endless snide comments of this ilk?

Sydney's full of bankers,
    Melbourne's full of w@nkers,
    Our half forward flankers,
    Are better than you tankers.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Deja, I'm a big fan of your posts and your humour but I find this one offensive and inappropriate. It has two offensive implications:

1. There is something wrong with being gay and, if you are, that might be a reason not to be allowed into the Swans change rooms.

2. Gay men are petulant and have hissy fits.

I don't think that's funny.

And, as the Pride match approaches, we wonder why no AFL player has ever yet come out as gay. Why would someone open themselves to endless snide comments of this ilk?
    Well, while I think that your points are valid, I think that my mischief making, is directed more at the machismo of the commercial media. That is, I suspect that Brian Taylor's outburst last week, would be perceived in his own mind, as asserting dominance over our degenerate club. While I could have pointed out that it was childish and narcissistic, I just felt that it was more amusing to say that, well, isn't that a bit gay, as a critique of a privileged media personality, who was trying to assert some sort of alpha male dominance.

barry, hilarious! love it! pity it's too risqu� for the Swans.

deja, thanks for your response.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Melbourne's full of w@nkers,
    Our half forward flankers,
    In the running for Best Banner Ever.

A thousand pities we won't see it!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    In the running for Best Banner Ever.

A thousand pities we won't see it!
    Ahem! Keep in mind that probably 15-20,000 of our members are from Melbourne/Victoria. Sure, there are plenty of toss-pots here but having spent half my life in each city, I'd say Sydney wins the percentage of jerks count easily.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Ahem! Keep in mind that probably 15-20,000 of our members are from Melbourne/Victoria. Sure, there are plenty of toss-pots here but having spent half my life in each city, I'd say Sydney wins the percentage of jerks count easily.
    Umpire, you can't be serious!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    That's fine, we can just edit Barry's banner slightly:

Melbourne's full of bankers,
    But our half forward flankers,

Same same
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12