Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 14: Canberra Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Manuka Oval

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thank you ugg, mcs and all other comments. Great to have when the stream isn't available.

And delighted to get any news about AJ, especially the goal and that tackle.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Great work MCS.

I asked the question in another thread.

Does AJ look like a much bigger athlete now compared to 2012?

ABC News had vision of the game - showed AJ's goal

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Love the footage of AJ's goal! That's what our club is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    Great work MCS.

I asked the question in another thread.

Does AJ look like a much bigger athlete now compared to 2012?
    He is certainly more solidly built than he was back in those days, but still has that 'tall lankiness' factor about him as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Here are a few shots I took yesterday - sadly I didn't capture any of AJ with ball in toe - was too busy cheering, especially as part of the massive roar that went up when he kicked the goal.

AJ Warming Up
    Attachment 1948

Some pre game revving up by the boys.
    Attachment 1949

A few of the senior guys enjoying the inch of warmth given by the sun in Canberra
    Attachment 1950

AJ lining up on the wing before the first bounce
    Attachment 1951

Early shot by Aliir.
    Attachment 1952
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Dan Robinson lays one of many big tackles (I must admit, I didn't really notice his work so much during the game - but the stats don't lie - probably because he was in the clutches for most of the game).
    Attachment 1953

Sinclair in the ruck - he had an excellent game and is in some good form.
    Attachment 1954

Sinclair at it again in the ruck - this led to a clearance by Rose (they worked well in tandem)
    Attachment 1955

AJ about to push off to lead (as the game went on, he looked more comfortable in closer to the ball).
    Attachment 1956

Sam Murray chases one hard that ultimately just escaped his control.
    Attachment 1957

- - - Updated - - -

AJ all in cotton wool for the second half, but clearly happy with his days work!
    Attachment 1958

Toby Pink relieved Sinclair in the ruck - the timing of this picture was very good!
    Attachment 1959

Aliir drops one he probably should have taken early in the last quarter.
    Attachment 1960

A late ruck contest
    Attachment 1961

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side
    On the DT points being less than half of Sinclair it is hard to see that O'Riordan was our best player. Does anybody fortunate enough to have watched the game think that he really was our best player or is this another case of the best player being some sort of encouragement award. Great anyway that some thought he had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    On the DT points being less than half of Sinclair it is hard to see that O'Riordan was our best player. Does anybody fortunate enough to have watched the game think that he really was our best player or is this another case of the best player being some sort of encouragement award. Great anyway that some thought he had a good game.
    O'Riordan was very influential on helping us transition well on Saturday - but I would of put Sinclair and Rose as our best two (both had excellent games I thought), followed by O'Riordan, Foote and Robinson together as the next lot. Stats don't tell the whole story as always - and while Sinclair probably had it a lot easier than he has had at AFL recently, he really did dominate in the ruck and provide an excellent target all around the ground all day.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    SS, I would say he played as I expected - like someone that hasn't played a game of footy for the good part of 4 years!

Played off the wing/a little of the half back flank, so didn't see a lot of the ball come his way, especially as we were very dominant through the middle. Looked a bit hesitant early, but gained some confidence as he went, especially after nailing the goal he kicked.

Laid a big tackle late in the 2nd quarter - probably to me his best moment of his game and one in which he went in really hard, but also had a couple of good moments of shepherding, and most importantly his kicking seems to have not lost some of the poise it had early in his career. It'll take some time (rest of the season in my book) before he probably really starts to get involved as we all hope, but first steps were good steps!

All in all, its just a baby step of course, but the club and he will be stoked (assuming he pulled up well) with how it went. Certainly a monstrous roar when he kicked his goal, and Swans players came from everywhere to pile in on him!
    I think the best part was late in the second half when he had to change direction quickly a couple of times and did it ok.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast