Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 Changes

Round 16 Changes

Injuries will tell here, I'm thinking Jones will escape sanction. Mills will be touch and go

OUT: Smith (inj) Mills (inj)
    IN: Marsh Sinclair

Believe we may go with an extra tall against the Suns hence Sinclair coming in.

If Jones is out then Dawson for mine if fit and Robinson if not.

Luckilly none of these should result in an absence of over a week you'd think.

You get the feeling the player would play again tomorrow if they had the chance, let's hope they can just bottle this form and confidence. Watching GWS tonight there is nothing there that suggests we couldn't beat either of those teams if we played then next week

I can't see Mills playing. If both Jones and Smith are out too then our small backs depths may just be tested. In this case I think Rohan would get pushed back and his forward spot being taken by Hayward. Marsh would take Nick Smith's role. Allir may then get the third spot and also to help out in the ruck.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I can't see Mills playing. If both Jones and Smith are out too then our small backs depths may just be tested. In this case I think Rohan would get pushed back and his forward spot being taken by Hayward. Marsh would take Nick Smith's role. Allir may then get the third spot and also to help out in the ruck.
    Same changes I would go for as well.

The unknown information is the extent of Hayward's foot injury. Is he available in the short term.

Allir needs to come back in. He is too good a footballer to leave out. If Allir plays back then Rampe takes the 4th tallest forward and gets freed up to provide more offensive drive. Allir looks like he is also spending time forward in the reserves to develop his swing man potential.

With Rohan, Reid and Allir developing swing man capability, there are plenty of Swans who can drop the keys in the jar at the swingers parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    Same changes I would go for as well.

The unknown information is the extent of Hayward's foot injury. Is he available in the short term.

Allir needs to come back in. He is too good a footballer to leave out. If Allir plays back then Rampe takes the 4th tallest forward and gets freed up to provide more offensive drive. Allir looks like he is also spending time forward in the reserves to develop his swing man potential.

With Rohan, Reid and Allir developing swing man capability, there are plenty of Swans who can drop the keys in the jar at the swingers parties.
    Forgot about Hayward, I think he has to come back in if fit but an extra week if he's not 100% then the extra week off won't hurt him

Re Aliir, I know he a RWO favourite (and I am a fan too) but the defence worked so well as a unit last night I really don't know how you bring him back in from a balance perspective. I think he may just have to bide his time and take his chance when it comes along. Certainly I would not drop Melican, he just seems to have great composure, doesn't make many mistakes (Allir is a bit error prone for all his excitement value) and has quite a strong contested mark.

Allir looks like he is also spending time forward in the reserves to develop his swing man potential. With Rohan, Reid and Allir developing swing man capability, there are plenty of Swans who can drop the keys in the jar at the swingers parties.
    Something tells me that we are preparing for a team without Reid next year. I wonder if we are considering adding AJ to the swingman list?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Something tells me that we are preparing for a team without Reid next year. I wonder if we are considering adding AJ to the swingman list?
    I wondered about that as well. They are developing AA forward capability in the reserves and according to MCS Alex Johnson played wing / forward.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    To win, we need to break a curious streak. Our last eight games have all been won by the team lower on the ladder at the start of the round.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

If Smith doesn't play I'd really like to see Marsh in his role. Think he might be the ideal replacement.

AA playing forward might not be as sinister as you make out. It might be as much a reflection on the fact that Melican has taken AA's spot and he'll need to find another way into the team, rather like X last year. If Reid or Buddy got injured, who'd be next in line?

I really hope Jones plays, actually think he'll be fine with the MRP but worry about his eye socket.

Think Florent should come out and be replaced by Hayward (I think he's been rested and will be over his foot thing).

If Mills doesn't play it would be great to see Dawson rewarded for his NEAFL dominance, provided he is fit.

And I think the one ruck policy was a success. Don't want to see Sinkers back this week.

HUGE injury update / MRP this week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If Smith doesn't play I'd really like to see Marsh in his role. Think he might be the ideal replacement.

AA playing forward might not be as sinister as you make out. It might be as much a reflection on the fact that Melican has taken AA's spot and he'll need to find another way into the team, rather like X last year. If Reid or Buddy got injured, who'd be next in line?

I really hope Jones plays, actually think he'll be fine with the MRP but worry about his eye socket.

Think Florent should come out and be replaced by Hayward (I think he's been rested and will be over his foot thing).

If Mills doesn't play it would be great to see Dawson rewarded for his NEAFL dominance, provided he is fit.

And I think the one ruck policy was a success. Don't want to see Sinkers back this week.

HUGE injury update / MRP this week.
    Watched replay. Thought Florent struggled a bit but came on strong later in game. Got burnt a couple of times by poor disposal from team mates when he had run into space earlier in the game. Smart player who will be a gun. If Jones is out for whatever reason, I would leave him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Forgot about Hayward, I think he has to come back in if fit but an extra week if he's not 100% then the extra week off won't hurt him

Re Aliir, I know he a RWO favourite (and I am a fan too) but the defence worked so well as a unit last night I really don't know how you bring him back in from a balance perspective. I think he may just have to bide his time and take his chance when it comes along. Certainly I would not drop Melican, he just seems to have great composure, doesn't make many mistakes (Allir is a bit error prone for all his excitement value) and has quite a strong contested mark.
    Melican is going nowhere. Great mark early in the game. Really composed, great speed, good kick and good hands. As a fan you feel comfortable with the ball in his hands.

I think Aliir can play in the same backline as Melican and Rampe can both play on smaller players.

For the GWS game I want Rampe playing on Green. Take Toby out and the others are less effective. I would have Aliir on Lobb, Grundy on Patton and Melican on Cameron while Rampe works over Green.

I don't mind the idea of bring Aliir back for this game.

Maybe try him as a half back flanker and then at times a loose tall in defence. I am not as confident with him as a lock down defender on Lynch or Wright.

I wondered about that as well. They are developing AA forward capability in the reserves and according to MCS Alex Johnson played wing / forward.
    Seems a couple of RWO'ers had the same thought re: AA as a swingman to replace Sam Reid.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast