Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans new style of footy

Never ever have I seen

Parker
    Macca
    Jack
    Hanes
    Rampe

All I the first qtr of football asking players to slow down and take the easy ball......the uncontested option

Wonderful flexibility of play and wonderful understanding by the coaches and players

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Wow

So the statistics were announced today that in the last 4 or 5 weeks we have changed from corridor football to in the top 3 of uncontested boundary ...
    Link?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Link?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Not many people buying your theory are there AG? Sure you're not using this as a justification for the fact you called for Longmire's head before and are now feeling a little silly and need to use your theory to justify that?

I'm clearly not the student of the game you are but I just can't see any major difference except better personnel, better execution and greater intensity. Maybe a bit more indirect but for mine that is a result of being able to control the tempo of the game and we earn that right through the standard Bloods contested football. The idea we are playing bruise free indirect footy just doesn't correlate to what I've seen the last 5 weeks.

Veterans List
    They actually mentioned during the telecast on Saturday that we have been going more towards the boundary instead of the corridor the last few weeks.

All I know is that whenever they kick to the corridor I get heart failure thinking they are going to turn it over!!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

definitely more switching of the play from one side of the ground to the other is working or let happen by the opposition. Wether that is personnel or a change of tactic is hard to know. Hopefully we would switch it around a bit so as not to be too predictable

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, nah.

They weren't working hard enough as a unit to make space to switch the ball earlier in the year. We are switching play more, but mainly because we have players running into open space now.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Yeah, nah.

They weren't working hard enough as a unit to make space to switch the ball earlier in the year. We are switching play more, but mainly because we have players running into open space now.
    To be fair, going with a single ruckman has been a pretty major change for us structurally

The stats shown tonight on channel 7 also showed the dramatic change in uncontested stats increasing for the swans as the season progressed

Our flexibility of game plan
    Our tempo changes via uncontested when needed especially in the first qtr has been a very important change for the swans the last 10 games

Starting with the second game against the Bulldogs this season

I think this really suits our type of players in the backline also

Mills looks so much more composed since the adjustment to our footy
    Newman and Lloyd etc also benefit greatly to use their kicking strengths

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The stats shown tonight on channel 7 also showed the dramatic change in uncontested stats increasing for the swans as the season progressed

Our flexibility of game plan
    Our tempo changes via uncontested when needed especially in the first qtr has been a very important change for the swans the last 10 games

Starting with the second game against the Bulldogs this season

I think this really suits our type of players in the backline also

Mills looks so much more composed since the adjustment to our footy
    Newman and Lloyd etc also benefit greatly to use their kicking strengths

Agree AG about Mills, Newman and Lloyd. Also McVeigh has helped as he is a good kick and has the ability to position himself to receive uncontested kicks. Melican has been a revelation and he is a very good kick who creates uncontested possessions. I feel less nervous this year about coughing it up by foot.

I think the Swans have become much better in retaining the ball as it moves out of defence,

Under adversity we tend to
    Not rise to the Occassion on a consistent basis but sink to ouyr level of training

I expect at the swans a full commitment to lifting the mind and body from our coaching and peak performance personnel

I still see to much of the scales tipped towards body ability from the swans

Some amazing games won thru grunt
    Some games this year lost thru non advanced non flexible strategy and tactics

Fantastic 1st qtr response by the swans against the cats.......set up the game

Controlled

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12