Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Basically anyone who can only get into the team by b****** Longmire!!

Foote - no way can he play! He is not even staring in the NEAFL; how does he get a game??
    One passage of play, in the clear and missing Buddy (was it?) by a country mile.

Haywood - another one who barely get a possession. Maybe in the future he will be good, but he does not have the muscles of an AFL
    footballer and get pushed aside like a dead leaf

Smith - has being good the last few weeks, but when up against speedy forward can't run with them

Jones - where was the run and carry, is he injury??? There was no speed or rebound off the back line

Kennedy and Hannas???? Their output has being way down all year. Do we rest them?

The worst part is we have players who are ripping up the NEAFL but do not get a game; but we can't drop senior players no matter how bad their form is.

We will get smash by Geelong and Adelaide if we do not make changes.

Bring in Dawson, AA, Edwards, anyone who will have a crack.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 30th July 2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: rule 4
    doof-doof

Senior Player
    Chance there will be several changes this week. I think Tippett is a reasonable chance. Might be time to give Naismith a spell.

I'd like:

Rohan, Lloyd, Reid, Tippett, Aliir

for

Foote, Robinson, Sinclair, Naismith, Newman.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Way too early to predict anything until we hear the status of Lloyd Rohan Kennedy Naismith Tippett and Reid

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Chance there will be several changes this week. I think Tippett is a reasonable chance. Might be time to give Naismith a spell.

I'd like:

for

Reg Rampe Melican Aliir is a tall backline

Lloyd back in please. God we missed him badly again tonight.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Way too early to predict anything until we hear the status of Lloyd Rohan Kennedy Naismith Tippett and Reid
    Don't agree.

If Foote plays another senior game I'll switch to soccer! Does not have the awareness, decision making or skills to be an AFL footballer, best to cut the ridiculous experiment right now.

Robbo, is almost in the same category, doesn't look to be AFL standard, should only be used in an ABSOLUTE emergency.

In the space of two hours game time we've gone from flag contender to chumps and a lot of it is to do with selections. How, how, how was Dawson not in the emergencies, or Aliir. We know Aliir is AFL standard and Dawson appears to be but Foote and Robinson never will be.

Yes, I'm fuming right now as I was when I saw the emergencies list and it's come back to bite us BIG time.

We just don't get any luck against Hawthorn, lost the very important Lloyd at the start of the game last time and before the game this time, Lost Reid before half time first game, scored Stevic tonight but the emergency list was the BIG failure once Lloyd and Rohan went out.

Fuming, quietly fuming, need a scotch or three right now, fuming, fuming........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Reg Rampe Melican Aliir is a tall backline
    Rampe is not a tall, he's a 188cm running defender who we choose to sometimes play on talls.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

I'd like:

for

Just substitute Hayward for Newman, who was one of our best tonight, and those would be my early call changes. If Kennedy doesn't pull up, we could leave Hayward in or bring in Marsh, who can play through the midfield as well as in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It is too early to make any definitive calls, but it seems that both Lloyd and Rohan were not serious injuries, just not 100% right on the night. Tippett is okay. He's played a couple of games in the NEAFL, so not an injury concern. It seems that they held Reid out as precaution and hopefully he will be okay to play. Kennedy is the one who would be questionable at this time, but he was able to play out the game, which gives some hope for next week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Basically anyone who can only get into the team by ** Longmire!!

Foote - no way can he play! He is not even staring in the NEAFL; how does he get a game??
    One passage of play, in the clear and missing Buddy (was it?) by a country mile.

Haywood - another one who barely get a possession. Maybe in the future he will be good, but he does not have the muscles of an AFL
    footballer and get pushed aside like a dead leaf

Smith - has being good the last few weeks, but when up against speedy forward can't run with them

Jones - where was the run and carry, is he injury??? There was no speed or rebound off the back line

Kennedy and Hannas???? Their output has being way down all year. Do we rest them?

The worst part is we have players who are ripping up the NEAFL but do not get a game; but we can't drop senior players no matter how bad their form is.

We will get smash by Geelong and Adelaide if we do not make changes.

Bring in Dawson, AA, Edwards, anyone who will have a crack.

Absurd comments about a team that has won its last 7 games and 10 out of its last 12. Sky has fallen in because we lost a game.
    Last edited by Danzar; 30th July 2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Rule 4

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Lloyd back in please. God we missed him badly again tonight.
    It wasn't long ago when Lloyd was considered a whipping boy. He really has etched out a position for himself, hasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    It wasn't long ago when Lloyd was considered a whipping boy. He really has etched out a position for himself, hasn't he?
    Was Jake a whipping boy? I don't recall. Jake Lloyd was the 2013 winner of the Ludwig Future Star Award.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Absurd comments about a team that has won its last 7 games and 10 out of its last 12. Sky has fallen in because we lost a game.
    Agreed, keep it in perspective folks. We lost the first 6 games and we will most likely make finals. There's a reason no one in the AFL has done it before, it's hard to keep up the intensity for such a long period of time. I agree we had a poor game and particularly annoyed it was against the Hawks.

I think if Lloyd was in we would have won, a one goal loss against another form team in the Hawks is not the end of the world

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Went to the game last night and I think the takeaway for me was that the game was won off the back of the scg victory. Clarkson knew we wanted to play man on man to cut the uncontested marking - so when we tried to man them up he kept shifting players from their forward line to clog our backline.

That meant we couldn't go one on one at centre bounces, and also that they had a lot more space in their forward 50.

We also lost two of the last players you'd pick to miss the game in Lloyd and Rohan with Lloyds link up play and Rohan's forward pressure (which would have some what nullified the need to go one on one in our F50)

Also - no use blaming umpires - we got a few dodgy ones paid too imo.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast