Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 13 - July 8-9

Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Round 13 - July 8-9

For some reason I didn't get the fixtures email this week. If it turns up in my inbox between now & the weekend I'll put the fixtures up.....

Thankfully the weather is good so there's no ground closures to worry about.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

2 forfeits in div 4? Wow. Power away at ECE after a decent showing against Uni... and ECE were 1 from 11.

With 5 rounds to go not looking good.

Uts flog magic. Must be getting ready for their 4th consecutive div 4 premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Uts flog magic. Must be getting ready for their 4th consecutive div 4 premiership.
    It's so obvious it's become a joke. It also looks like it's become a bit of a game to keep their div 2 team in div 2. If they win div 4 there's an argument that the div 4 team should go to div 3, which would hold the div 2 team where it is.

Time to do something about it. There are too many teams in div 2 anyway and only 8 in div 3.

Watched our 2's play Manly yesterday, who about in the middle of the div 2 ladder, so not bad, and based on that the bottom 4 teams in div 2 wouldn't beat any of the top 4 teams in div 3.

Some significant changes in divisions last year and looks like there is room for more this year.

Penno were 2 goals 18 at one point in prems

When i reffed league, always taught to keep an eye on the kicked for an extra second. Is that not taught to afl umps? 19s2 bloke gets by a cocked elbow high and late after kicking it, knocked out. Off to hospital via ambo.... play on? 13 from blacktown should be out for 6+ weeks. Instead wont even be reported. Absolutely disgraceful.

Almost Football Legend
    Penno were 2 goals 18 at one point in prems
    That is insane. One of those days for Penno.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    That is insane. One of those days for Penno.
    One that got away from Penno. Dragons finally put them away but the 2nd quarter barely saw the ball in the Dragons attacking half.

Yup, even the start of the 3rd was all in pennos forward 50. I think there was less than a goal in it midway through the 3rd, then st george kicked 4 out of the last 5 for the quarter. Then a couple at the start of the 4th to take the game away.

Was a good game. Horror weekend for the club with so many out/injured/on holidays. We struggled in div 4 to put a side out, well done to the u19s for backing up.

Almost Football Legend

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Pushing for Selection
    Yup, even the start of the 3rd was all in pennos forward 50. I think there was less than a goal in it midway through the 3rd, then st george kicked 4 out of the last 5 for the quarter. Then a couple at the start of the 4th to take the game away.

Was a good game. Horror weekend for the club with so many out/injured/on holidays. We struggled in div 4 to put a side out, well done to the u19s for backing up.
    I think most struggle for a week or two at this time of year. What was the final score in the 19s or was it called off?

Just want to note some bad sportsmanship at Rosedale yesterday during the 19/2's game.
    1/ Bunch of flogs on the forward pocket fence, cans in hand, yelling use at any Nth Shore player coming their way. One kid playing in his 3rd ever game got a free kick right in front of them copped a mouthful as he was kicking, fair enough. He fluffed the kick and put it out on the full, the flogs on the fence laughed at him and called him all sorts of names, the kid was shattered. His father came over and was poised off and asked if this was typical AFL behaviour in Sydney.
    2/ Same game SWest Cats (JV 19's team) in front heaps to zero at � time called out to the Nth Shore players words to the effect of how hopeless they were could score a point etc etc. Winning with class should be on the agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast