Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 16 V Gold Coast. SCG 16.35 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Here's a take on Deano by someone he grew up with. I found it a fascinating read.

Round 12 – Sydney v Western Bulldogs: Barracking for Towers
    Bloody enjoyable read, thanks for posting it. The author's comment that Dean runs games out well resonated with me, he often becomes more prominent late in games. I kind of think they may be a confidence thing too a little bit, as if it takes him a little while to get a feel for a game. He was great on the weekend and definitely improving. Good on him. He's definitely earned his spot.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Coaches votes are interesting

Rohan 10
    Rampe 7
    Parker 5
    Lloyd 4
    Towers 4

Rohan, Rampe, Towers - no surprises there. I'm a bit surprised that one of the coaches would have given Parker 4, and both of them rated Lloyd's game, which I thought was ok without being spectacular.
    I was surprised one coach only gave Parker 1 vote, he kept thrusting us forward all evening and in my view was more influential than Towers and Lloyd. Rare to see the coaches agree on the top 5.

Here's a take on Deano by someone he grew up with. I found it a fascinating read.

Round 12 – Sydney v Western Bulldogs: Barracking for Towers
    Ta, nice article. I definitely think that some of the best footy writing is in the almanac.

Rohan 10
    Rampe 7
    Parker 5
    Lloyd 4
    Towers 4

Rohan, Rampe, Towers - no surprises there. I'm a bit surprised that one of the coaches would have given Parker 4, and both of them rated Lloyd's game, which I thought was ok without being spectacular.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally thought that Parker was BOG. He turned the game for us in the second quarter, by getting on top in the clearances and contested possessions. He then continued that for the rest of the game. Though of course, the ginger ninja was certainly eye catching and I was considering giving Towers a vote, for possibly the first time.

Veterans List

Rohan 10
    Rampe 7
    Parker 5
    Lloyd 4
    Towers 4

Personally thought Lloyd was close to BOG (behind Rohan of course).

Veterans List

Round 12 � Sydney v Western Bulldogs: Barracking for Towers
    Great read, thanks for posting. As I've noted before, the lad drives me crazy but I don't doubt his passion or his commitment.

Really enjoyed reading that .... everyone's got a back story However some are much more intriguing than others .
    This take on Deans back story is excellent.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'm in the camp that had Parker vying for BOG honours with Rohan. He was maniacal in the midfield. He usually is (when fit) but in the absence of Kennedy his influence was even more profound. Rohan was the one finishing off in front of goal but Parker was the most important reason why the Swans controlled the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    And let's not forget a thug of note- I'm sure Neville Bruns will never forget !!
    A total thug who treated opponents' heads like he treated the ball. My guess is he's still simmering over the 40 to 124 loss against the Swans in 2005 which effectively signed the Lion's death warrant and his eventual demise as a coach. Hence his subseqeunt snipey remarks about Paul Roos's win loss ratio and the Swans 'smother you brand of footy' when in fact the Swans are currently playing some of the most exciting football in the comp.

Senior Player
    That was a good read. I would've liked to see him explain why Towers kicks off one step behind centre from a free kick or mark, though. Frustratingly poor fundamentals.
    C'mon Chels!

Round 12 � Sydney v Western Bulldogs: Barracking for Towers
    Loved that article. Thanks. I regularly read the great content from Footy Almanac but missed that one.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    when in fact the Swans are currently playing some of the most exciting football in the comp.
    I'm sure most of us agree with this statement, I certainly do and admit that I'm biased.

Out of interest, a former assistant coach - only recently out of the game - told me last week that he makes a point of watching the Swans every week at the moment, for this very reason. He identified the defensive pressure as being a key aspect of what makes them so good to watch.