Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 16 V Gold Coast. SCG 16.35 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Just looking at the StKilda V Rich score.. I don't think we are holding onto 6th for long. A most pleasing win because we are getting even contribution. Can't wait for next week.
    I just looked at StK Tigers score as well ... Have Richmond joined the cricketers on strike??

Senior Player
    Almost boring wasn't it I did enjoy watching Rohan, especially the early goal where everyone but the defender saw him slip around behind in anticipation of the perfect pass from Buddy. Good game from Towers too. He is a pretty good long kick.

Will need to be on their game a lot earlier next week though!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    As a Hawk man, he seems to not like us much at all.....to say we're boring displays a prejudice born from jealousy. He's officially a knob!

Even though he is commenting on the way the game is now played, it is unfair to single us out and also arrogant to dismiss the effort we put in to exert pressure on the opposition. He also said that Buddy is the only player in our team who provides highlights. This is rubbish. Shades of 2005 - hope the result ends up the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Was just watching the presser and apparently Leigh Matthews said we were boring or something pre game anyone hear what he actually said?
    Strange if he did. He's normally very balanced and unbiased in his commentary. I place him and Healy as two of the best in the caper.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    His comments are here

Nocookies | The Australian

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Was just watching the presser and apparently Leigh Matthews said we were boring or something pre game anyone hear what he actually said?
    Last time we were called boring we won the flag. No time for Matthews who is the dirtiest footballer of all time. I take what he says with no credibility whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

I commented last week on Newman's game. I thought he had another ordinary game. Fumbled a lot and butchered many of his 10 kicks. Hopefully it was just one of those games where the ball didn't bounce his way.

To search incognito, The Australian article is titled: 'Australian football starting to resemble rugby league: Matthews'.

"They might be the form team of the competition, the Swans, but they do play a �smother you� brand of footy,� Matthews says. �And if it wasn�t for (Lance) Franklin giving you a few highlights up their forward end, I�m not sure whether I�m keen on it, watching the Swans play, to be honest.�

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    To search incognito, The Australian article is titled: 'Australian football starting to resemble rugby league: Matthews'.

"They might be the form team of the competition, the Swans, but they do play a �smother you� brand of footy,� Matthews says. �And if it wasn�t for (Lance) Franklin giving you a few highlights up their forward end, I�m not sure whether I�m keen on it, watching the Swans play, to be honest.�
    Seriously? He is definitely a knob. Those views beggar belief! They are not subjective, they are prejudiced....and unprofessional. Matthews is irrelevant......

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

Let's hope the Swans beat his beloved Hawks at the MCG in three weeks, just to see his reaction.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A great game to watch at the Riser. I would love to have been a fly on the board to hear Horse's comments at quarter time. Changed the game.
    And great work from Rohan, Buddy and the new midfield who - at least in Q2 to Q4 - almost made up for the loss of Josh. Defence was back to their stingy best in the same period.
    We can't afford that first quarter slackness against the next few teams we play.
    And I'm happy to see Towers flourishing out there, even providing a bit of needle and bump occasionally. He is genuinely fast, able to create some space with sheer speed.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

What a load of bollocks Lethal . Heeney , Mills , Rampe, Parker , Papley , Jones, Rohan, Haywood etc have given heaps of highlights this year .
    How many debutants have their been as well.

The only mercurial person I'm really missing in Swans colours is Jetta who is gaining confidence in his new jumper.

Well ill be Rohan as a fwd who would have thought

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast