Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
Think you are a little bit tough on Florent. Obviously struggling a bit the last 2 weeks and should go out this week but has produced flashes of class with ball in hand including goal assists and a crucial goal against Essendon. Also his pressuring is very good for a young player. Is struggling physically a bit at the moment as a young player but I feel he has shown enough for me to think he will be a gun.
I think it's been a great experience for Florent to have played so many senior games in his first year and will go a long way to making him a better player. I am not being critical of his play. It was toss up for me whether he would be better than Jai Simpkin, who went to NM, but having seen both play, I think we did very well with Florent. I just feel that given we are in much better shape on the injury front, we can bring in more physically mature players for the run home.

I can't imagine Hayward coming into the side after not playing 2 weeks. That aside, he's probably shown more than Florent, but I would still go with any of Aliir, Marsh, Laidler or Cunningham (when fit).