Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 v GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Think you are a little bit tough on Florent. Obviously struggling a bit the last 2 weeks and should go out this week but has produced flashes of class with ball in hand including goal assists and a crucial goal against Essendon. Also his pressuring is very good for a young player. Is struggling physically a bit at the moment as a young player but I feel he has shown enough for me to think he will be a gun.
    I think it's been a great experience for Florent to have played so many senior games in his first year and will go a long way to making him a better player. I am not being critical of his play. It was toss up for me whether he would be better than Jai Simpkin, who went to NM, but having seen both play, I think we did very well with Florent. I just feel that given we are in much better shape on the injury front, we can bring in more physically mature players for the run home.

I can't imagine Hayward coming into the side after not playing 2 weeks. That aside, he's probably shown more than Florent, but I would still go with any of Aliir, Marsh, Laidler or Cunningham (when fit).

Senior Player
    Fair call Ludwig. The exciting thing is that we have a number of excellent young players.

Any chance this thread can return to discussion about team changes for the upcoming game?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Any chance this thread can return to discussion about team changes for the upcoming game?
    +1, take it to the GWS board if you want to bag our fans

Veteran Site Admin
    I've moved the more generic posts about the game to a separate thread. This one can now be kept for discussions about team selection.

Veterans List
    My change for this week:

Out: Jason Dunstall

He was unbearable yet again. If only you can mute the commentators and just hear the crowd and umpires.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    My change for this week:

He was unbearable yet again. If only you can mute the commentators and just hear the crowd and umpires.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    I've emailed Foxtel a number of times requesting this be bought back. Dunstall like a lot of commentators are from a bygone era when every non Victorian club should be thankful they aloud them in their comp. laughable considering dunstall is from Queensland. The quicker the media gets dragged into modern national footy the better.

It will be the foxtel b team. Dwayne, piggy, breaton.... Pick your poison.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It will be the foxtel b team. Dwayne, piggy, breaton.... Pick your poison.
    All the more reason to go to the game if in Sydney - don't have to listen to any of them.

Rampe will really have to be wary, l hope he was watching On the Couch last night... David King thinks the umpires should police his defensive work.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, just found this covered in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    My change for this week:

There is, go to the game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    There is, go to the game
    Not possible I live in Melbourne ????.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast