Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 v GWS

Changes for Round 17 v GWS

IN: JPK, Aliir, Hayward
    OUT: Robinson Florent Newman

Aliir for Newman more so we can match up on their talls, I am a Newman convert but he struggled a just a little bit last night and a rest in the twos won't hurt him too much.

Olly has done OK but this season is all about him getting a taste of senior footy and I have no doubt he'll be a very good player for us.

Robbo likewise did some good things but is an easy demotion for mine.

Towers looked good for the third week in a row and I believe he gives us something a bit different in the midfield, really happy to see him growing as a footballer.

Assume JPK will be back as he was initially named, if so we'll have our strongest available team on the park next Saturday so no excuses this time. It will give us a really good indication of where we stand.

Go Bloods!!!!

Senior Player
    I think Sinclair has to come in as GWS have mummy & Lobbe

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

Aliir for Newman more so we can match up on their talls, I am a Newman convert but he struggled a just a little bit last night and a rest in the twos won't hurt him too much.

Olly has done OK but this season is all about him getting a taste of senior footy and I have no doubt he'll be a very good player for us.

Towers looked good for the third week in a row and I believe he gives us something a bit different in the midfield, really happy to see him growing as a footballer.

Assume JPK will be back as he was initially named, if so we'll have our strongest available team on the park next Saturday so no excuses this time. It will give us a really good indication of where we stand.

Go Bloods!!!!
    In Kennedy Allir

Out Robinson Florent

Now that Jack is back in form and Jones can play as a pressure forward, these are my changes. Newman has played too well over too long to be dropped. Allir to come back in and stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    In Kennedy Allir

Out Robinson Florent

Now that Jack is back in form and Jones can play as a pressure forward, these are my changes. Newman has played too well over too long to be dropped. Allir to come back in and stay in.
    If Gary keeps playing like that then you may be right about Will not getting back in the side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I think Sinclair has to come in as GWS have mummy & Lobbe
    Good point, will be some interesting decisions this week for sure....

Senior Player

Go Bloods!!!!
    Not bad Mug, I'd be happy with that. Newman has been very good, but he looked off it last night; a bit stressed. They'd be three great ins; I really want to see Aliir back.

I thought Robinson was a bit poor. Didn't attack the ball, nor use it that well.

Veteran Site Admin
    Newman's been fantastic in many of our matches this year. I don't think he was that bad yesterday either. He's also got just 10 or so games under his belt. He's allowed the odd mistake. Really not sure why some people want one of our more creative and penetrating kicks cut from the team.

Senior Player
    If Gary keeps playing like that then you may be right about Will not getting back in the side

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, will be some interesting decisions this week for sure....
    I know it was a long time ago but maybe Rohan is finally getting over his injury. Add in natural maturity at 26 and we may finally have a very special player. Absolutely electrifying on Saturday. Remember how highly rated he was as a junior. Deep forward is best for him. Also terrifies opposition defenders with his pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I know it was a long time ago but maybe Rohan is finally getting over his injury. Add in natural maturity at 26 and we may finally have a very special player. Absolutely electrifying on Saturday. Remember how highly rated he was as a junior. Deep forward is best for him. Also terrifies opposition defenders with his pace.
    He has the potential to be amongst the very best in the comp and I'm so happy we have him under contract long term. And I think we do perhaps under-estimate how his injury affected him. At his best alongside Buddy and Sammy I think we are very very difficult to match up on

This is a big call but I believe that no team in the comp, even at their absolute best, would have come close to us in Qs 2 and 3 last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Newman's been fantastic in many of our matches this year. I don't think he was that bad yesterday either. He's also got just 10 or so games under his belt. He's allowed the odd mistake. Really not sure why some people want one of our more creative and penetrating kicks cut from the team.
    He'd be stiff for sure, my suggestion was more on the basis of team structure than anything else. I didn't think he was poor by any means last night.

Veterans List
    Can't buy the Newman negatives, he's only played 10 games and been very good in quite a number, he's allowed an off game, he'll be coached through it and learn lessons. A real impact for us and makes our back 6 better. Won't be dropped.

Hayward is still 18 and has a foot injury being given healing respect. Even if he's ok to go this week, he's missed two games so will probably return through the NEAFL.

Mummy looks to be struggling, Lobb is now their most dangerous ruck. There will be thought given to Sinclair returning after a BOG game In the NEAFL.

Aliir has to come back but not sure when or at who's expense or how he is deployed. The tall GWS forward line means he will be under big consideration.

JPK should be ok you would think.

This game is HUGE. Win and we not only cement a top 8 spot but given other 8 point games, we will be moving towards top 4. Lose and we're back with the pack battling to scrape in. GWS are not in good touch, have 8 or 9 best 22 missing, never been more ripe for the taking, we could and should win this. Go Swans.

Newman stays in for mine. I agree that this last game was his worst performance but he has some runs on the board and is a crucial element of our team now.

JPK automatically comes in at the expense of Robinson.

My guess is that the major decision will revolve around picking one of Florent, Hayward, Sinclair, or Aliir. I don't think it will be Aliir. Rampe will go to Cameron, Grundy to Patten, and Melican to Lobb. Lobb has kicked 14 goals for the year so I don't think we need to change our structures specifically to cover his extra height. GWS have killed is with run and spread not height. I would probably stick with Florent or Hayward. Hayward allows Reid to swing back if need be but Florent helps with midfield rotations.

Senior Player
    Like Mug Punter, I am extremely excited about what lies ahead. If Buddy and Rohan play to their potential, who will stop the. Let's hope Gary stays confident. His best is as good as anyone's .

There isn't a place for Aliir in defense unless we drop Melican. Melican will start on Patton, Grundy on Lobb and Rampe on Cameron. Then again Patton is in ominous form so could swap for Grundy

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast