Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 v GWS

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    There will be thought given to Sinclair returning after a BOG game In the NEAFL.
    Sinclair was good, but his contribution was mainly up forward and a little around the ground. I thought he was clearly outpointed in the ruck by Dan Currie. If the coaches think a second ruckman is needed, sure, he'll be back. But I don't think he forces himself back as a ruckman in too good form to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    My guess is that the major decision will revolve around picking one of Florent, Hayward, Sinclair, or Aliir. I don't think it will be Aliir. Rampe will go to Cameron, Grundy to Patten, and Melican to Lobb. Lobb has kicked 14 goals for the year so I don't think we need to change our structures specifically to cover his extra height. GWS have killed is with run and spread not height. I would probably stick with Florent or Hayward. Hayward allows Reid to swing back if need be but Florent helps with midfield rotations.
    That's a very good point that speed not height has been our problem.

We played without an extra tall defender earlier in the year but Marsh got killed by Cameron and Reid had to go back. Rampe has been able to play on Cameron in the past.

In the ruck, can Towers / Reid compete with Lobb, or will Horse plan to lose the hitouts but win the clearances?

It's really hard to predict the changes this week, but think they might be minimal.

Just JPK for Robinson

GWS will be a real test for us. They have a lot of injuries but are still a formidable team.

Kennedy for Robinson seems obvious.

What's up with Jones? Seemed to be playing injured last night. Will he be ok for next week? He's definitely in if he's fit, but if he is injured and can't produce better than that, they might be better off giving him a rest.

I think Newman will keep his spot, but I wouldn't be too upset to see him given a rest.

I'd be reluctant to go too much taller in the backline, because if we can at least make contest then guys like Rampe, Jones & Mills should be able to really hurt them on the rebound. The trick will be to apply pressure all over the ground so they don't get good entries. If we do go taller then I think it should be Aliir because he more mobile than Sinclair.

Minimal changes for a winning side. In jpk. If jpk not available then bring in Allir.

GWS task forward line is disfunctional at the moment. Swans should study the hawthorn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    In Kennedy Allir

Out Robinson Florent

Now that Jack is back in form and Jones can play as a pressure forward, these are my changes. Newman has played too well over too long to be dropped. Allir to come back in and stay in.
    Yes, this is the most logical choice for changes this week.

The WCE were going okay until they decided to bring in a second ruckman in Lycett and got overrun in the 4th quarter. Just the kind of thing that tends to happen when a 2 ruckman side plays a 1 ruckman side. Sinclair has played well in the reserves and racked up lots of fantasy points and kicked some easy goals, but he dropped a few sitters as well. I think he's found his level in the NEAFL.

Hayward very unlikely to come in after not playing at any level for 2 weeks and we are not even sure if he's fully fit yet.

The talk of dropping Newman is just crazy. He's been one of our best players since joining the senior team. He's 6th in average disposals. He's only played 12 games of senior footy, but plays like a veteran. Fantasy points is not the be all and end all, but he's been averaging over 100 in the past 8 games. You don't drop a player with those kind of stats.

GWS still went in quite tall last week with 8 KPPs compared to our 5, so that has to even up a bit. There's a chance that any or all of Greene, Williams and Steve Johnson could return to their team this week, so we may be facing a stronger GWS. We are fortunate to have our best side as well, if we make the changes suggested.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 10th July 2017 at 12:00 AM.

If only Dawson had been the emergency. Would have been a good swap for Kennedy. In hindsight...now noone knows.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 10th July 2017 at 05:46 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Wouldn't be surprised, but I'd be disappointed to see Sinclair back in the side, despite his heroics against a garbage Sun's reserves.

I think the RWO consensus is fairly logical.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    If only Dawson had been the emergency. Would have been a good swap for Kennedy. In hindsight...now noone knows.
    Dawson's injured so in hindsight I think it was a solid move.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

In the ruck, can Towers / Reid /Parker compete with Lobb, ...
    Corrected for accuracy ????

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    GWS have some pretty decent possible "ins" this week, in Williams and RWO favourites Greene & Johnson, and as
    someone else pointed out they have 8 KPP sized guys out there already, so finding a way to cover them all will
    be an interesting proposition for Longmire. At this point, I'd take a draw, but not sure that will be acceptable to
    our friends at Homebush.

On the Rookie List
    Joey is a given if fit and replaces Robbo. If the selectors go tall to match GWS height then either or both of Sinkers & AA come in. If they stick with a single ruckman and stay mobile then likely no other changes.

An interesting comment re Blicavs of Geelong during the week. He is playing on the wing and getting back to his best form. Blicavs is not disimmilar to AA and this for me is his logical place. AA is not a lock down KDP and as much as they try I dont think he ever will be. AA is however one of the most exciting prospects in the mould of a roaming Blicavs (current) or Goodes (past players).

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Joey is a given if fit and replaces Robbo. If the selectors go tall to match GWS height then either or both of Sinkers & AA come in. If they stick with a single ruckman and stay mobile then likely no other changes.

An interesting comment re Blicavs of Geelong during the week. He is playing on the wing and getting back to his best form. Blicavs is not disimmilar to AA and this for me is his logical place. AA is not a lock down KDP and as much as they try I dont think he ever will be. AA is however one of the most exciting prospects in the mould of a roaming Blicavs (current) or Goodes (past players).
    In regards to the Goodes comparison no. Just plain no. Aliir is not and never will be close to the player Goodes was.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast