Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Giants - general match discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Why do you care how many of us go?

I won't be. Saving my $$$s for my upcoming trip to see us play in Geelong. Is that ok?
    He cares for the same reason I do. With our membership numbers we should be selling the place out and filling it, yet we don't. Why not? I accept that we have a large number of members who live outside Sydney, particularly Victoria but also elsewhere, but more of our Sydney based fans should be going to this game, but don't.

As for your trip to Geelong, nice work!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Ok, this is now embarrassing. Even the giants are taking the Mickey out of our fickle supporters...

This is the first line of an article on their website:
    "The Swans are heading west - well some of them anyway - so..."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    And all three of them were paid to laugh ????

Pushing for Selection
    I am going. Hoping for a better result than 2014's opening game both result and weather-wise. That thunderstorm!

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    IN MELBOURNE, A HOME GROUND IS AN AWAY GROUND IN MOST CASES !!!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It could be a unique swans thing that fans only go to home games. In Melbourne, fans go to fans go to games home and away.

Is it the years of isolation where an away game meant a long trip Interstate. ?

We give them their only full house of the season. That's OUR money in THEIR pockets.
    In an ideal world, NO swans members would attend this game... not even the cheer squad.
    Instead, everyone should support OUR club by buying merchandise from the SwanShop.
    It's a win-win situation.
    OUR club get the monetary support, AND the AFL get pissed off at us (and fabricate another fine).

Get behind me on this one.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    We give them their only full house of the season. That's OUR money in THEIR pockets.
    In an ideal world, NO swans members would attend this game... not even the cheer squad.
    Instead, everyone should support OUR club by buying merchandise from the SwanShop.
    It's a win-win situation.
    OUR club get the monetary support, AND the AFL get pissed off at us (and fabricate another fine).

Get behind me on this one.
    You are saying not one Swans supporter should travel to any away games?

Disagree.

Surely supporting your club is NOT simply financial but just as much about on ground support during matches.

On your logic Swans supporters shouldn't go to home games either, rather spend the money they'd spend on merchandise at the Swans shop.

Why would we want to p1ss off the AFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    You are saying not one Swans supporter should travel to any away games?

Disagree.

Surely supporting your club is NOT simply financial but just as much about on ground support during matches.

On your logic Swans supporters shouldn't go to home games either, rather spend the money they'd spend on merchandise at the Swans shop.

Why would we want to p1ss off the AFL?
    Not to ANY away game... just this one.
    GW$ can go to hell in a hand basket. They get no support from me financially.
    The AFL would die if no swans fans turned up... what can they do about it? Nothing.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

My fam reckon I'd go to the opening of an envelope, so I'm definitely there !
    Pity I won't have anyone to kick to kick with ....
    maybe Leon.
    I like having the Giants around .... keeps the Swans on their toes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Not to ANY away game... just this one.
    GW$ can go to hell in a hand basket. They get no support from me financially.
    The AFL would die if no swans fans turned up... what can they do about it? Nothing.
    Why do you hate them offield so much? An extra Sydney side enlarges the tv rights which flows to us,an extra Sydney side gives the game a bigger presence in Sydney which benefits us, an extra Sydney side increases participation in the game which benefits Sydney, an extra Sydney side gives the northern clubs extra say in the running of the game which benefits Sydney. On field fair enough I'm with you 110% but off field it makes no sense whatsoever to talk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Why do you hate them offield so much? An extra Sydney side enlarges the tv rights which flows to us,an extra Sydney side gives the game a bigger presence in Sydney which benefits us, an extra Sydney side increases participation in the game which benefits Sydney, an extra Sydney side gives the northern clubs extra say in the running of the game which benefits Sydney. On field fair enough I'm with you 110% but off field it makes no sense whatsoever to talk like that.
    Sorry, I can't see the benefit to US of having two teams in Sydney. If anything, your "perceived benefit" takes money out of our coffers.
    At the end of the day, it's all about money.
    If GW$ play games at the showground, the money they generate goes to them. How does this benefit us?
    You're pulling a very long bow regarding the TV rights benefitting US. Do your arms hurt?
    You either follow Sydney or GW$ (or you have the idiots who follow both - WTF?) ... a bigger AFL presence in Sydney does not equate to a benefit for US.
    I make plenty of sense. You just can't see it.

Senior Player
    Agree. Surely a second team is good for footy, not just the AFL, but the code generally in Sydney and in NSW.
    The pie is just bigger, and even the players and clubs in the southern states benefit from this financially.
    Ironically, part of the reason a North Melbourne or a St Kilda can offer millions of dollars to Josh Kelly, or
    we can do the same with Buddy is as a result of the additional money coming into the game because of the new
    teams in the northern states. Not everyone's interest in footy begins and ends at the Swans, or even begins and
    ends with professional footy. We are just one club. There are thousands of clubs across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast