Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Giants - general match discussion

Goes up to 11
    There'll be a lot of niggle in this game too. They're a mouthy bunch of so and so's who will no doubt try to put us off our game like they did in the final last year. They're not a particularly likeable bunch and a team that I too am happy to not show up to any more of their home games.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    We give them their only full house of the season. That's OUR money in THEIR pockets.
    In an ideal world, NO swans members would attend this game... not even the cheer squad.
    Instead, everyone should support OUR club by buying merchandise from the SwanShop.
    It's a win-win situation.
    OUR club get the monetary support, AND the AFL get pissed off at us (and fabricate another fine).

Get behind me on this one.
    I'm a very simple person, as you know Annie, lacking very much intellect.

The very simple reason that I'm going on Saturday is that it represents a cheap and convenient way to watch my beloved Swans play an Away game. My next Away game will be in Geelong in early August: much more expensive and much more time comsuming.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    There'll be a lot of niggle in this game too. They're a mouthy bunch of so and so's who will no doubt try to put us off our game like they did in the final last year. They're not a particularly likeable bunch and a team that I too am happy to not show up to any more of their home games.
    Could I politely ask if your under 40. because that is the exact thing we all loved as supporters when I was a young and has disappeared from the game. Going to a hostile ground n coming away with a good hard win. As a kid my father took me to Melbourne once to a st kilda v lions game, i woulda only been 7, 8 or 9, omfg the animal enclosure went off when lions won but by god did the lions supporters give it back as good as they got. All the while me n the old man pissing ourselves laughing n the old man was a saints supporter. I experienced it a lot growing up in tassie but nothing as funny as that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    This is the first time the new Unsociable Swans v2.0 have taken on the mouthy upstarts. Could be an explosive combination.

Someone in the media (sorry I forget who) suggested Swans would definitely go after Heath Shaw as they'd targeted JJ and others.

My 3 top targets at GWS would actually be Greene, Johnson, Mummy. I'd love to see Naismith have a crack at ShaneWhoAppearsToBeOnTheWane

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That's your choice but, as you have outlined, it has nothing to do with being a Swans supporter it's because you are a GWS hater.

Please don't criticise me for wishing to show support by going along to Saturdays game.
    I don't care where you spend your hard-earned.
    EYE (that's the capital I) just prefer to give my hard-earned to MY club.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This is the first time the new Unsociable Swans v2.0 have taken on the mouthy upstarts. Could be an explosive combination.

Someone in the media (sorry I forget who) suggested Swans would definitely go after Heath Shaw as they'd targeted JJ and others.

My 3 top targets at GWS would actually be Greene, Johnson, Mummy. I'd love to see Naismith have a crack at ShaneWhoAppearsToBeOnTheWane
    Niggling any of these three could backfire quite quickly. One of our players could be out of the game before quarter time while they carry on. In fact my father & I have been trying to work out which player Mumford is planning on ironing out this week.

Mummy will target anyone he can line up.

- - - Updated - - -

Derby's are in-season finals. It will be intense.

Mumford is such a dirty little p***k.
    I like think he was turfed out under the "no dickheads" policy, rather than the lack of moolah.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I agree that Heath Shaw is vulnerable these days and Mumford has not been in good form for awhile now,
    though still quite good at immobilising opposition players when given the chance. I wouldn't think these
    two guys will around in footy for much longer. GWS biggest flaw is that they bomb it into the forward line
    a lot when under pressure, which we'll have to bring by the truckload. Though they have these relatively unsung
    guys like Williams (who will probably play) and Wilson (who has to be the biggest kick in the comp) who
    will help create a goal out of nothing and get them out of the mire sometimes. Greene will probably be a bit rusty,
    he hasn't played for a couple weeks. I've seen GWS play a lot and this is just a fascinating game, as we seemed
    to have taken quite a few of last years "ruthless" pills (finally, we must have found the box) last week against the Suns.
    Last edited by KTigers; 12th July 2017 at 05:48 PM.

I'm hoping it's a great game and Swans win by enough not to give me a heart attack!

I can't stand GWS as they are just artificial. An AFL construct. No history. An AFL indulgence who have been handed a team without a culture developed over time. It is just so instant. And I can't stand some of their players...Stevie J, Toby Greene & Mummy. His words to Buddy about his depression and the body slam on KT did it for me......

Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    I can't stand GWS as they are just artificial. An AFL construct. No history. An AFL indulgence who have been handed a team without a culture developed over time. ..
    GWS were created because we failed, or weren't interested, in developing the west of Sydney.

Artificial or not, they partly are our creation.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast