My convict great-great-grandfather and -grandmother settled in South Melbourne after completing their sentences in Tassie. The family now has 6 generations of Swans supporters. My sister and I went every week to South games through the mid-60s, watching Skilton at his peak but never winning much (other than Brownlows) until 1970. I was in the (still record) crowd at the 1970 first semi and was devastated when we lost after leading at half-time. My dear departed dad watched '05 on a telly in someone's kitchen in Ireland. It was a replay and he already knew the result but he still got really nervous. The whole family greeted him (and Mum) at Tullamarine on their return a few weeks later, with banners and scarves and a rousing rendition of "Cheer, cheer". He saw us beat the Hawks in '12 as well. He never got to go in '33 as he was considered too young (at 11). I was there at the G in '05 and '12 with my son and my sister, memories that will last a lifetime for all of us. Tradition is made up of stories like this.