Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 17 GWS V Sydney. Spotless Stadium 19.25 pm.

Smith may get a week for tripping. Reid injured....So...

OUT : Reid, Smith

IN : Dawson, Aliir or Marsh (Depending on St Kilda match ups)
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I wonder if Reid's groin injury was a result of his stupid round the corner shot on goal nearly directly in front
    This could be a difficult injury to cover, with Tippett out and Hayward potentially injured after finishing the NEAFL game early.

I was on the Churchill side and it was dominated by red and white. it's a great little ground and the food stalls looked good except the queues were too long. They didn't cope well with the increased patronage and I had to forgo my usual hot chips and cold beer. It's always great to see Princess Toby on the losing side. After the intensity of the last 5-6 weeks, to me it looked like they had to grind out this win. I could be wrong tho as the match was mostly played on the far side of the field to where I was sitting. Good spread of work load through the bulk of the team I thought. A few obviously need a good hard look at themselves (ie Reid).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Reid: 3 disposals, 1 behind. An inexcusable disgraceful performance. He should be dropped to the 2's. Nick Smith's continued poor form this season is also a worry. Otherwise a fantastic win and against a top 4 team, our first this year.
    Injured mate!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kez11 View Post
    I was on the Churchill side and it was dominated by red and white. it's a great little ground and the food stalls looked good except the queues were too long. They didn't cope well with the increased patronage and I had to forgo my usual hot chips and cold beer. It's always great to see Princess Toby on the losing side. After the intensity of the last 5-6 weeks, to me it looked like they had to grind out this win. I could be wrong tho as the match was mostly played on the far side of the field to where I was sitting. Good spread of work load through the bulk of the team I thought. A few obviously need a good hard look at themselves (ie Reid).
    Yes, it's nice to see Toby's face in smacked arse mode.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Really enjoyable win, tough and gritty and full of character.

Really nice seeing so many kids wearing the GWS colours. Some nice GWS families but also some absolute ignorant idiots. Know we are not perfect but with the general resentment they have to GWS down there (we are immune from it a bit but they are despised) but if some of the knobs around me tonight carry on like that at a Prelim or Granny in Melbourne I seriously think there will be widespread violence at the G, especially if it is against a traditional Melbourne club.

Loved the fact how they tried to take the piss out of Sweet Caroline, yeah right as if it is going to wind us up idiots, we hate it too

I do think there is a genuine dislike between the two clubs and their fans growing and I quite like that, of course it is just so easy when they have the two biggest grubs in the game in Stevie J and Greene in their side. It's growing into a proper rivalry now, I wasn't aware of any of the "Battle of the Bridge" rubbish either which is great if they have dropped that.
    The 'Sydney created not relocated' banner in their cheer squad on tv really annoyed me; as if place of origin is a determinant of virtue.

I heard from someone well connected that the AFL have officially given us "fairy tail" status (seriously) and the umpiring reflected that.

Play this right and we could go all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants have a flawed game plan. They win almost all stats except tackling, yet were never in the game. It's not just injuries, although having to play musungu is telling. They are wasting there list at the moment.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Great win last night. Gws were down on personnel for sure but it's the first time in a while that we've controlled the game.

Even the scg game last year we won through better efficiency in front of goal rather than system. If we didn't win that one I think we would have been looking at a long gws winning streak.

Phil Davis is the best full back in the league imo. No way was that a free to Buddy in front of goal.

Umpiring was rubbish, way too many soft frees paid and no doubt we got the better of it.

We need Grundy to play a few more years yet. McVeigh was great in setting the tone early - composure under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Great win last night. Gws were down on personnel for sure but it's the first time in a while that we've controlled the game.

Even the scg game last year we won through better efficiency in front of goal rather than system. If we didn't win that one I think we would have been looking at a long gws winning streak.

Phil Davis is the best full back in the league imo. No way was that a free to Buddy in front of goal.

Umpiring was rubbish, way too many soft frees paid and no doubt we got the better of it.

We need Grundy to play a few more years yet. McVeigh was great in setting the tone early - composure under pressure.
    I need to pull you up on Phil Davis. Alex Rance is the "GOAT" fullback of the AFL game. Dustin Fletcher said Rance was the "GOAT" fullback.

GWS are frightening when they are allowed to run the ball. I thought the Swans did a really good job of preventing GWS moving the ball the way they wanted to. Can't remember the number of times a GWS player blocked by a Swans player and have to take a second or third option.

They were all over us at the start of the first and end of the third, but we were in control most of the game.

Really liked Rampe playing on Greene although not sure what it says about Smiths abilities as a small lock down defender. Smith seemed to be playing as the spare a few times last night.

If Rampe is going to play on Smith's opppnents then maybe Smith's days are numbered. Although GWS are extremely hard to play against.

If Reid is injured, then that would rob us of Horses's last 5 minutes security blanket. Maybe it is time to bring in Aliir for Smith and Dawson / Hayward for Reid

Btw I loved the piss-take of Sweet Caroline. Out - Neil Diamond, In - nothing. We don't need a Q time theme song

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention how weird it was watching Towers rucking against Mummy. I feared for his safety.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    I need to pull you up on Phil Davis. Alex Rance is the "GOAT" fullback of the AFL game. Dustin Fletcher said Rance was the "GOAT" fullback.
    Leo Barry you star!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I thought GWS were dangerous because they could score out of nowhere from individual brilliance. There was two snaps from the boundary, Greene quickly snapping out of stoppage and Scully carrying the ball through the middle with pace before kicking the goal.

I was never comfortable. Even though we were playing well and mostly in control, I was still worried they could kick a few quick goals.
    I thought Scully was one of their better players. When he was carrying the ball through the middle with pace, Towers was behind him and gaining with every step; if there had been another five metres, I think Deano would have had him. He has certainly lifted his game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)