Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V St Kilda

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be very surprised to see Hayward back next week. He landed very heavily taking a mark just before the quarter time siren in the NEAFL game. When he stood up, he was hobbling so badly I didn't think he was going to be able to take his kick. He did, and remarkably converted it with aplomb (from nearly 50m, on an angle). But as Ugg has reported, he did very little in the second quarter and sat out the second half.

The coaches aren't going to bring such a young, inexperienced player into the side until they are sure he's 100% right to play. You might take a chance with a key, senior experienced player who might not be fully fit, but not with an 18yo.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd be very surprised to see Hayward back next week. He landed very heavily taking a mark just before the quarter time siren in the NEAFL game. When he stood up, he was hobbling so badly I didn't think he was going to be able to take his kick. He did, and remarkably converted it with aplomb (from nearly 50m, on an angle). But as Ugg has reported, he did very little in the second quarter and sat out the second half.

The coaches aren't going to bring such a young, inexperienced player into the side until they are sure he's 100% right to play. You might take a chance with a key, senior experienced player who might not be fully fit, but not with an 18yo.
    Thanks for the info Liz. I didn't realise this was the reason he sat out the second half. Aliir may be a big chance then.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I doubt that Aliir will come in as a forward. Besides being able to kick goals one thing you do have to do as a forward at AFLlevel is stick to the structures that have been set in place by the coaches. I don't think Aliir has played enough as a forward for the Swans for him to be able to slot in

When XR was brought in last year, co incidentally for Round 18 last year, he had spent a good 6-7 games playing as a permanent forward (and kicking lots of goals). Aliir has only spent parts of games as a forward.

Allir Allir is running out of time to claim his place in the side. Longmire would want a settled side, say, 3 weeks out from the finals.

I'd say if he doesn't get recalled soon, we can rule a line through him for 2017.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The latest on Tippett, Reid and Rohan. No mention of Hayward though

Nervous wait for Sydney Swans ruckman Kurt Tippett after injury scare

OUT: Sweet Caroline
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    So from the weekend it looks like Reid is the only concern out of the 22 seniors that played. So if it's Reid the forward out, it's got to be Dawson the forward in.

Tippett planned for 80 minutes last weekend but had that cut short. Needs to get over the injury/ies and have at least two full and quality games in the NEAFL before being considered, primarily as a FF given Naismith is doing most of the ruck work now.

Liz, explained what happened to Hayward at the weekend in a post above, taken off after a heavy landing. Will be given time so he's cherry ripe for the final run to and for the finals. Remember he doesn't turn 19 until October so he's very young even for a first year'er.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    +1,000,000

I'm very much looking forward to the Rampe v Reiwalt battle. Two great players, two great athletes and two classy blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Delist ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to the Rampe v Reiwalt battle. Two great players, two great athletes and two classy blokes.
    Reiwolt classy ? Yeah, tricking a junior opposition player to throw the ball to him from a free kick in order to milk a 50m penalty is all class.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    Riewoldt

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast